Never Doubt Who You Are

Mazikeen carefully left the base and walked to the edge of a cliff. She immediately spotted the familiar silver mech she knew was calling out to her heart.

"Jazz?"

Jazz immediately turned, and his optics widened at seeing the female in front of him, 

"Lil M? What are you doing outside? Shouldn't you be with everyone else?"

Mazikeen smirked and shook her head, 

"Nah, got too crowded in there. They were boring me anyways. Uno is only fun if you lose at least one time if you play thirty times,"

Jazz chuckled and nodded, 

"Yeah, I guess you are right,"

Mazikeen frowned and sat down in front of him, 

"Penny for your thought?"

She took out a penny, and Jazz felt a painful tug at his spark as he winced, 

"I-"

"Don't give me that look. I don't care if I'm missing a shit ton of memories, I know something is wrong,"

Jazz sighed,

"Did they tell you I was your guardian?"

Mazikeen nodded, 

"Yeah, they did,"

Jazz looked at the moon, 

"Because of me...you have been kidnapped, shot, stabbed countless times, and...and you lost your memory...I had no idea what to do for the past month and a half. You were lost to us...and...no matter how hard I tried...I couldn't find you. None of us could,"

Mazikeen frowned and put her hand on his leg, 

"Well. I have been told I'm very fucking stubborn. So, you had your work cut out for you, buddy. Want to hear a story?"

Jazz finally looked at her and nodded. Mazikeen smiled brightly at him and leaned her back against his leg casually, 

"I'll tell you about something I swore I would never talk about again. Will, Epps, and Fig tried getting me to talk about it a bunch of times...Eddie tried, too. A couple of years ago, well, a bunch now, I guess, we were fighting against some terrorists overseas. I was right next to Eddie as we kept shooting. Then. I didn't see something coming. I wasn't paying attention for one fucking second. The next thing I know? Eddie is in front of me, taking a bullet. I...I wasn't fast enough or strong enough. I didn't see a fucking bullet coming straight for me, and Eddie got hurt cuz of it. I got him out with my squad...but uh...He lost a good bit of blood and was out for a few days. I never left his side. My inventions haven't been fully tested yet, so I couldn't use them on him. When he woke up...I yelled at him. I screamed at him, threw shit at him, I told him that I hated him for saving my life. What did he do? He hugged me. He told me it wasn't my fault and I had no control over it. He said he would do it again in a heartbeat because he loved me. I threatened to kill him myself if he ever even thought about taking a bullet for me again. Then he told me he took one of my inventions without me knowing, a prototype for a shield. Apparently, the bullet stopped before it hit is heart cuz of my shield. But it should have never passed through the shield in the first place. That near-death situation made him realize that he wanted to live for his son. Which I am sure you know about, Chris was the reason he wanted to leave the army, but he was also the reason he joined. To give his son a better world."

"He asked you to come with you, right?"

Mazikeen nodded and sighed, 

"Yeah. He did. I told him no. I wanted to keep fighting for the better world we dreamt about. I wasn't ready to put down my weapons. I don't think I ever will be. Eddie and I? I thought for a solid second that he was the one for me,"