7. His mother's case.

Author's POV

"Thank you" priya genuinely said.

"No need." He coldly said and left the ER.

Do this have some serious bipolar disorder? Abhi toh itna accha behave kar rha tha. Achanak se rudely behave karne laga. Huhh! Priya thought.

8:30.

Priya was in her cabin checking some patients report when Dr. Chakraborty called her.

"Yes sir. Any problem?" she said.

"Priya, i mean Dr. Mehta you know Dr. Ali isn't here, and untill a doctor replaces him i want you to handle one of his case." He said from the other side.

"Sir, but there are more doctors in hospital. Moreover i have many patients to deal with... " she was interrupted by him,

"Dr. Mehta i know it, but i want it because the patient is important and in absence of Dr. Ali i want you to treat her."

"Mrs. Manholtra?" she asked.

"yes. She is Mrs. Manholtra. She is important patient Priya you know.... "

Priya interrupted, "Sir. For me every patient is equally important. Well if you are pressuring me so I'll check upon her."

With it she cut the call and left to her dad's ward as her mother arrived.

Here Ajay was sitting beside his mother, feeding her Khichdi.

After sometime his dad arrived.

"Ajay beta mai khila deta hu." And he started feeding Sakshi.

"Ajay" rudra called him.
Ajay hummed in response.

"Sakshi ka case toh dr. Ali handle kar rhe the na? Ab kaun handle karega? " he asked concerned for his wife.

"Arre haa mujhe Dr. Chakraborty se puchna tha ki maa ka case kaun handle karega. Mai aata unke cabin se." with this he left for Dr. Chakraborty's cabin.

In the cabin,

Ajay entered without knocking, and took a sit in front of Dr. Chakraborty.

"Good morning Mr. Manholtra." Dr. Chakraborty said.

He nodded and asked, "Who will be handling Maa's case in absence of Dr. Ali? Sir i insist you to arrange some good and efficient doctor for her."

"Mr. Manholtra don't worry. I have called our most efficient Nephrologist to handle your mother case. She might be coming."

He said and a sound of door opening came.

"She is here meet Mumbai's top nephrologist Dr. Priya Mehta." He said and Ajay turned back only to see the same girl who fought with him in early morning.

Ajay's POV.

I am sitting in Dr. Chakraborty's cabin to meet the 'efficient doctor'.  Who will handle maa's case.

"She is here meet Mumbai's top nephrologist Dr. Priya mehta. An asset for us. " he said and i turned only to again see the face i least wanted to see at this time.

Least or most? My subconscious mind asked.

"You!?"

"You!?"

We both said at the same time.

"What happened to both of you? Dr. Mehta? Mr. Manholtra? Do you know each other?" Dr. Chakraborty asked and i said,

"Sir don't tell me she is going to treat my mom. She doesn't even know how to talk. Sir she can't treat my mom. I won't allow you. Ek aisi ladki jise baat karne ka lihaaz nhi wo meri maa ka ilaaz kaise karegi?"
I said.

"Pehli baat, baat karne ka lihaaz or kisi patient ka ilaaz karne me farak hota hai. Lekin tumhe toh yeh baat samajh aayegi nhi! Brainless creature. And secondly, who heck told you that i will treat your patient? Mai tum jaise se baat bhi na karu jise dusro se baat karne nhi aata, dusro ki respect karne nhi aata aur specially COFFEE peene nhi aata!"

"Shut up you both! Stop behaving like kindergarteners! This isn't lok sabha jaha aap dono jhagde jaa rhe ho. This is a hospital. And for God's sake please behave like adults! Mr. Manholtra you're behaving like an eighth year kid.... " he said while glaring at both of them.

He further continued, "And you Dr. Mehta this is high level of unprofessionality. You're such an efficient and committed doctor but you are denying to treat a patient? I won't accept this! Don't exploit your ethics priya." He said.

"Sorry sir but i can't. Why don't you treat Mrs. Manholtra?" she said.

Glad that she herself denied.

"I'm a cardiologist not a nephrologist Dr. And it is my order now that you have to treat Mrs. Manholtra." He said and i mentally facepalmed myself.

"But sir.... " she was about to say something but Dr. Chakraborty shoot her a glare.

"Okay. " she said and glared at me.

I glared at her and then shifted my gaze to Dr. Chakraborty giving him a pleading look but he gave me a 'are you serious?' look.

"Fine." i said.

"Meet me with her reports at 9: 30 in my cabin." with this she left the cabin.

And i also left.

Priya's POV.

After i left Dr. Chakraborty's cabin i went to dad. When i saw dad and mom together i remembered that i have to go Dr. Chakraborty for dad.

I went to this cabin and knocked. After i heard a 'come in' i entered.

"Sir papa ki report kab tak aayengi? Or discharge kab tak milega?" I asked.

"Tomorrow." he said and i nodded.

Just when i turned to go back he said,

"Dr. Mehta... " i turned to him and he continued...

"Dr. Mehta, mr. Manholtra is a generous man. I don't know what is his first impression on you but i know him personally. He is kind. Please be polite to him. You know most of our funds for charity department comes from S&R corporation. Please be polite." he said and i remembered my morning incidents with him.

I nodded with a smile and left for my work.

I sighed heavily and sat on my chair after having by breakfast.

Breakfast ke naam pe 3 din se canteen ka sandwich kha rhi hu mai.

I was doing some work when someone entered my cabin without knocking and sat on chair opposite me.

I don't need to lift my gaze to recognize the person.

Itna arrogant ek hi hai iss duniya mein.

Wait! What!?

Hehe!
How was it?

Priya don't need to lift her gaze to recognize the person.😗

Vote target: 0000008.

Kindly,
Vote,
Comment,
Share,
Aur kuch ho toh kar dena!

Radhe Radhe!
Yours Anjali 💕