22. Mehndi.

Words: 3145

Author's POV.

Ajay went downstairs, only to get greeted with his mother's not so colourful words.

"Tera na dimag kharab ho gya hai. Aaj haldi hai, aur yeh sahab jade office jana chahte hai. Jaa kapde pehen kar aa! Aur jaldi kar, phir ladkiwalo ke yaha mehndi ke liye bhi jana hai." She said after showering him with her colourful words.

Haldi ceremony is held separately, but mehndi ceremony is held combined at MEHTA'S mansion.

Yuvi and Namit decorated the garden of mansion beautifully, with marigold flowers and yellow curtains.

The decoration was simple yet elegant.

Ajay went to his room, sighing.

*Bechara tang aa gya hai apni maa ke taano se*

He changed into a yellow kurta, and took of his watch. Knowing very well that how vigorously his friends are going to play haldi.

Just as he was about to leave for garden he remembered something and opened his drawer

Just as he was about to leave for garden he remembered something and opened his drawer. He took out an ancient box of wooden, he opened it and took out a gold pendant.

He took it in his hands and for a couple of seconds something flickered in his eyes. But he was fast enough to mask it. He just wore that pendant.

He looked at himself in mirror and inhaled exhaled deeply. And left for downstairs.

He sat on the small stool, placed for him specifically. And one by one everyone started applying haldi on him.

And then comes his sister with a huge grin on her face. Hands full of haldi.

"Sonal.... No no no..... Pleas...." Even before he could complete the sentence she applied the handful of haldi on his face.

His best friends were no less. They literally made him bath in haldi.

"Aanee de. Meri baari aane de. Ek ek se chun chun ke badla lun...." Before he could complete a wave of marigold flowers showered on him.

He glared at the person and said,
"Stop now!! We have to leave for her house."

"Ohoho.... Sabar nhi hota, tadap hi aisi hai." Yuvi said.

He glared at him and went to take a bath.

After a shower of 30 min he finally appeared from washroom, wearing a green coloured kurta, looking dangerously handsome.