26. Halwa.

Words: 2553

Author's POV.

After getting ready she left for downstairs. As she gracefully descended the stairs, handling her saree, her pallo stuck in her feet and sbe stumbled.

Just when she thought she will fall on the stairs, a soft hand held her from falling. Providing a gentle yet firm support.

"Bhabhi aaram se!" Sonal exclaimed holding on her sister in law.

Priya looked at Sonal, feeling overwhelmed with the unspoken support she provided. Sonal, unconsciously provided her a support which was once provided by Nidhi.

Slowly, with Sonal's help, she descended the stairs.

Downstairs, she saw everyone having their morning tea. With a little chit chat.

"Priya.... Good morning bache!" Sakshi exclaimed looking at her.

"Good morning maa!" She said and touched her feet.

"Badi sundar lag rhi hai. Dekho yeh saree kitni achi lag rhi hai!" she said and a tint of blush crept on Priya's face, remembering how Ajay helped her in wearing saree.

"Sundar? Saree pehen ne tak nhi aata aapki bahu ko!" Ajay said descending the stairs.

Just when he realized what he said, he bite his tongue. And passed an apologetic look at her.

"Matlab?" Sakshi asked.

"Um... Mera matlab ki itna time laga diya isne saree pehen ne me toh mujhe laga isse saree pehen ne nhi aata." Ajay corrected his mistake.

"Ohh!" Sakshi said and Priya sighed and that glared at her husband who mouthed a 'Sorry' and her dil goes hmmm hmmm.

She then goes and touches Rudra's feet. Along with Shashank and Mansi. Ajay also followed his wife and touched everyone's feet. Just when she was about to touch his bua fufa's feet, Rohit and Sonal barged in, pretending like they didn't noticed that she was about to touch their feet. Priya understood that they are stopping her from touching their feet, and there might be a certain reason behind it.

Rohit and Sonal simulatanously bend down and touched Priya's feet. And Priya, feeling overwhelmed, blessed them with immense love.

After her they both turned to leave when Ajay said,
"Mere pair?"
He said thinking that they will touch his feet too.

"Aapke pair?" Sonal asked turning around. Ajay nodded.

"Aapke pair kaun chuyega?" They both shrugged and Priya chuckled looking at the siblings.

Ajay made face when his siblings turned, chuckling and bend down to touch his feet.

He blessed them, saying,
"Bhagwan akal de tum dono ko!"

"Uski jarurat aapko hai bhai. Humare pass already hai!" Rohit said and they ran from there, chuckling.

Ajay just shook his head at his siblings.

"Kirti beta, you also should touch Priya and Ajay's feet." Sakshi said and kirti, being a brat, rolled her eyes saying,
"Uh! Mai yeh sab nhi karti mami!"