Welcome to Beacon

(In the Beacon Academy library, Team RWBY are shown playing Remnant: The Game. Weiss, Yang, then to Blake, who is obviously distracted, and Megatron just waiting before Ruby, who has been contemplating her next move)

Ruby: Hmmmmm.... All right... All right! Yang, prepare your kingdom for battle!

Yang: Bring it on!

Ruby: I deploy the Atlesian Air Fleet! Looks like I get to fly right over your Ursai and attack your walls directly!

Yang: You fiend!

Ruby: And since Atlas is part of Mantle, my repair time is only one turn.

Yang: Pretty sneaky, sis, but you just activated my trap card!

Ruby: Whaaat?!

Yang: Giant Nevermore! If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet in two!

Ruby: But, if you roll a six or lower, the Nevermore will turn on your own forces!

Yang: That's just a chance I'm willing to take.

(Team JNPR are shown as Yang and Ruby banter on about the game. Ren and Pyrrha are studying, and Nora's snot bubble inflates and deflates as she sleeps)

Ruby: Nooooo!!! My fearless soldiers!

Yang: Eh, most of them were probably androids.

Ruby: Goodbye my friends, you will be avenged.

Yang: Not until I draw my rewards! Which are double this round thanks to the Mistral Trade Route!

Ruby: Bah!

Nora: Oh. Have pancakes.

Yang: Oh, and what's this? The Smugglers of Wind Path?

(Pyrrha clears her throat and then confiscates a comic book Jaune is reading, trading it for a textbook)

Ruby: Bah! Bah, I say!

Yang: I say, it looks like I'm taking two cards in my hand!

(As Pyrrha reads Jaune's comic, a Nevermore player piece is tossed over Jaune's shoulder. Another piece bounces off of his head)

Ruby: Have you no heart? (Ruby collapses on the table, groaning.) Nooo!

Yang: Well, Weiss, it's your turn.

Weiss: I have... absolutely no idea what's going on.

Megatron: how does this work?

Yang: Look, it's easy! You're playing as Vacuo which means that all Vacuo-based cards come with a bonus.

Weiss: That sounds dumb.

Yang: See, you've got Sandstorm, Desert Scavenge... Oh, oh! Resourceful Raider! See, now you can take Ruby's discarded Air Fleet—

Ruby: (crying) Nooo!

Yang: —and put it in your hand!

Weiss: Okay.

Yang: And since Vacuo warriors have an endurance against Natural-based hazards, you can use Sandstorm to disable my ground forces and simultaneously infiltrate my kingdom! Just know that I will not forget this declaration of war.

Megatron: what is this game? You have card dice and these little plastic thing.

Yang: it fun.

Weiss: And that means.

Ruby: You're just three moves away from conquering Remnant!

Weiss: Y-yes! Fear the almighty power of my forces! Cower as they pillage your homes and weep as they take your children from your very arms!