Alone Together

(Menagerie, Blake leans against the railing on the balcony of the Belladonna Family Home. She looks up into the night sky as a voice calls out for her from inside her home)

Megatron: Blake You ready to go?

Blake: Be right there!

(She feels a note taped to the wooden railing of the balcony. She grabs it and reads the message written down)

"B
Things going too far.
Not sure what to do.
Find a quiet spot,
I'll find you.
Come alone. Please.
-I"

(Blake looks around a bit before hearing the sliding door open. She quickly places the note in her coat)

Sun: We going recruiting or what? We've got the entire nocturnal section to hit up!

(Blake doesn't say anything, still having a concerned expression on her face. Sun notices this)

Sun: You okay?

Blake: Yeah, I'll meet both of you there. I need to take care of something first.

(As she walks away, there is a quiet sound of rustling in the trees behind her)

(Blake approaches a darkened alleyway)

Blake: Ilia?

Ilia: I'm here.

(Blake draws Gambol Shroud. Ilia walks out from the shadows with her hands up and drops her black camouflage)

Blake: Ilia, I know you're scared, but you don't have to be. My family and I, we can keep you safe.

Ilia: I'm sorry.

Blake: You can make it up to me by helping us stop Corsac and Fennec.

Ilia: No. (her tone turns hostile) I'm sorry.

(Ilia's right hand curls up into a fist. Footsteps can be heard running on the rooftop next to them. Blake looks up and sees Yuma fly down and land on her back, forcing her to the ground. Blake drops Gambol Shroud which lands at Ilia's feet. Blake gasps, regaining her breath and struggles to get up as Yuma presses his foot against her back. He gets off her as two more Faunus join him. Blake gets back up on her feet)

Blake: Wait--

(Suddenly, Blake gets wrapped in spiderweb silk. One of the Faunus grabs the silk strand holding Blake from her hand)

Trifa: I've got her.

Yuma: Well done, Sister Trifa - and to you, Ilia.

(Yuma tosses Ilia Lightning Lash)

Blake: Ilia! What are you doing?!

Ilia: I tried to warn you, Blake. I'm sorry.

Blake: Don't tell me you're sorry!

Ilia: But I am. I am sorry it has to be this way, but you and your family are holding the Faunus back!

Blake: Because we're trying to protect people?! In what world do you live in where attacking the innocent is the right thing to do?!

Ilia: The same one as you! There's no such thing as innocent! There's no right thing to do! Only what's best for us! There's the humans that still hate the Faunus, and there's the others who stand by and let the hate happen! But you know what snuffs out hate? Fear. I don't like hurting people. But I'll tell you this... (she points her weapon at Blake) ...it's gotten us results.

Blake: Yeah, look where it's gotten you.

(Ilia's eyes widen and she briefly ponders Blake's retort, but she just shrugs it off)