Burning the Candle

(Team RWBY is getting everything ready for the dance and glum Ruby resting her head on her hand and staring into the distance before she is startled by someone slamming their palms on the table she is at)

Weiss: (smiling) I need you to pick a tablecloth. (slides two squares over to Ruby, both seeming to be similar shades of white)

Ruby: (confused) Aren't they both the same?

Weiss: (sighs in frustration) I don't even know why I asked!

(Weiss walks out of the scene as Megatron and Yang comes in carrying a massive speaker on there shoulder and drops it on the ground)

Yang: So, have you picked out a dress yet?

Ruby: What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going?

Yang: Oh, don't worry; she's going. Weiss! I thought we agreed: No doilies!

Weiss: If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!

(The girls are interrupted by the sound of doors opening with sun and Neptune walking in)

Neptune: Your dance is gonna have fog machines?

Weiss: We were thinking about it...

Neptune: That's pretty cool.

Sun: You ladies all excited for dress-up?

Ruby: Pfft... Yeah, right!

Yang: Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night!

Weiss: What are you three wearing?

Megatron: I guess I'll have to get something.

Sun: Uuhhh... this?

Neptune: Ignore him for he knows not what he says.

Sun: Hey, I may have moved to Mistral, but I grew up in Vacuo. It's not exactly a shirt-and-tie kind of place.

Yang: Yeah, we noticed.

Megatron: I guess we all have are own style some wear capes other go with out a shirt and some like me prefer to have armor.

Sun: see mega here gets it! Soooo... what does Blake think of all this? She still being all, y'know... Blake-y?

Megatron: yes.

Weiss: Obviously.

Ruby: I still can't think of a way to change her mind.

Megatron: oh don't you worry she will come to the dance.

Yang: how you going to do that leave a trail of catnip?

Megatron: No!

(The Faunus herself is sitting at one of the library tables with a holographic screen in front of her. She is obviously more sleep-deprived than ever, barely focusing on what she's seeing... until a small, bright red light appears on the screen. Moving up and down, Blake's eyes follow it down to her hand, then disappears entirely. She looks behind herself, obviously irritated, but no one walking among the tables is her culprit.)

Megatron: come of cats love this red dots thing just follow it.

(Blake Turning back to the computer, she starts typing on the beeping keyboard before the laser dot appears on her hand briefly, prompting her to look around again and still find no one. The red point shows up on the screen, moving around in circles until Blake scowls and pounds her fists on the table. She stands up from her chair and finds the light on the floor, following it blindly through shelves of books until both the dot and its pursuer turn the corner, only for Blake to bump, shocked and shaken out of her more "animal" instincts, into)