Divide

(Oscar Pine and numerous Faunus are gathered in the slums in the crater beneath Atlas, using blankets and Schnee Dust Company crates as seats. An older man with furry clawed hands steps out of a small home made from corrugated metal and thrusts a bowl of something at Oscar, who looks confused. The man gives an encouraging nod, and Oscar takes a sip from the bowl)

Oscar: Thank you.

(Oscar hands the bowl back, and the man gives a nod and a grunt in response before walking away)

Ozpin: (in Oscar's mind) Heads up.

(A small Atlas airship flies overhead, and the Faunus flee the area. Oscar picks up The Long Memory and stands up, watching the ship with suspicion. The side door slides open to reveal Ruby, who waves)

Ruby: Need a lift?

(Oscar relaxes, and is soon after inside the ship with Ruby, Weiss Schnee and Maria Calavera as it flies over Mantle)

Oscar: I was stupid to think the general would listen. Every choice I've made was the wrong one, and now.

Megatron: you tried and help to make him see reason that all that matters.

(The ship flies over a street where people are using fires to keep warm while a Grimm siren blares)

Ruby: We all did what we thought was best. I'm just glad you're alright.

(Ruby places her hand on his shoulder and offers a comforting smile. Below, Joanna Greenleaf peeks out at the ship from around a corner, and then steps out into the open and waves her arms at it. Maria who is piloting the ship, looks down at her)

Maria: Yeah, yeah, I see you.

(Maria lowers the ship to land, and she, Ruby, Weiss and Oscar soon hurry down a sidewalk to Joanna, who ushers them into an alleyway)

Joanna: Inside! Hurry!

(A camera drone comes hovering along, and just as it turns to look at Joanna, she shoots it down and then runs into the alley)

(Inside a restaurant kitchen, May Marigold leaned over a map on the counter, speaking over a communication device. While she talks, Ruby, Megatron,Weiss, Oscar, Maria and Joanna walk inside and head across the kitchen)

May: I know, Sector 3 is going to need the most help. I'm sending backup your way right now. Fiona, do you copy? We need transport from Sector 3 to the crater.

Fiona: Copy!

(In the dining area, Jaune Arc, Yang Xiao Long, Blake Belladonna, Lie Ren and Nora Valkyrie are sitting at tables while Penny and Pietro watch the news. The news network is displaying a "Fugitives" notice for Team RWBY, Team JNPR, Megatron, Oscar, Maria, Penny and Pietro)

News: --once heroes, are now fugitives on the run. Many in Mantle are left to wonder what the future will-

(As Ruby's group enters the room, Nora turns and stands from her chair, smiling. She approaches Oscar, who recoils in fear, turning his head to the side, closing his eyes and putting his hands up to stop the tackle that he assumes is coming. Instead, Nora calmly walks over and hugs him, much to his surprise. He relaxes and hugs back, and Weiss and Ruby smile at the scene)

Blake: (voice shaking) When we heard you went off after Ironwood on your own, we...

(Nora lets go and walks away)

Weiss: How did you end up down in the slums?

Oscar: It's a... (sighs) long story. I get the feeling there's been a few of those tonight.

(Everyone looks at Penny, who looks down at her hands)

Ozpin: (in Oscar's mind) You're not going to tell them?