04: Epiphany

─────⋆˚ ༘🎭ˋ°.⍣─────

The moment the word "suck" rolled off his tongue, my mind was suddenly flooded with a strange and twisted imagination. I tried to shake them off from my head, but his stares and smiles added so much spice to my weird thoughts.

"What?" I asked, confused and surprised.

He raised his cigarette. "This cigarette, suck this."

My mind suddenly wanted to slap the soul within me. I didn't want to talk like the virtue of virgin nerds, but his words really awaken something pure in my head.

"I don't know how to smoke," I told him.

Natawa naman siya sa aking sinabi. "Imposible. Ikaw? Hindi marunong manigarilyo?"

"Bakit? Mukha ba ako may bisyo?"

"No, but people like you seemed mastered in sucking and blowing things."

"People like me?" I asked.

"Yes, you know what I mean."

"Are you talking about my sexuality?"

He nodded as an answer, and took another hit from his cigarette.

His response cut me to my core, wounding my pride. I was shaken, and my hands trembled with anger as I struggled to maintain my composure. Though I tried not to show my emotion to him, his cruel views about me made me feel small.

Nagbago siya, alam ko, pero hindi ko inakala na magagawa niyang gamitin ang sexuality ko para lang insultuhin ako.

I was furious, so I took the cigarette from him. Without hesitation, I sucked it. I tasted sweet on it, something like strawberry. Maybe it's his saliva. When the smoke hit inside my throat, I felt something that made me cough so hard.

Tumawa naman ng malakas si Arrow dahil sa ginawa ko. He hurt my pride, and I needed a retribution, but instead of feeling guilty, he laughed at me as if I was a big joke.

I was mad, but I tried to calm down for the sake of our requirement. "Ginawa ko na ang gusto mo. So kailan natin sisimulan ang video presentation?"

He darted me a look, squinting his eyes at me like he was studying every inch of my face. "Hand me the bow," he said, forwarding his hand to me.

I handed him the archery bow, and when he took a hold of it, he quickly destroyed it by breaking it into two pieces. I was surprised by his strength.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"Wala bang nagsabi sa'yo na matagal ko ng binura ang archery sa buhay ko?" Walang emosyon ang mga mata niya, kaya hindi ko malaman kung galit ba siya o nang-iinis.

"You could have just disagree to my idea, why destroy it?" I asked, grinding my teeth.

"It's mine, so I have the right to destroy it."

I was planning to yell at him, but I noticed his hand bleeding. Without a second thought, I grabbed his hand and checked on it.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"You're bleeding."

He snatched his hand from me and said, "And so? It's just a small slit, it won't kill me."

"Kahit na," sambit ko at muling hinila ang kanyang kamay. "Let's clean it inside to prevent infection."

"Bitawan mo ako!" sigaw nito at muling hinila ang kanyang kamay. "Don't you dare touch me again."

As he stood before me, his eyes blazed with a rage I had never seen in him before. His eyes spoke volumes and his hands were clenching into tight fists. Hindi na ako nakapagsalita pa, kaya naman mabilis siyang naglakad paalis.