18: Optimaskus

─────⋆˚ ༘🍓ˋ°.⍣─────

I was confused when Arrow said he couldn't move his fingers. I looked at his hands and just like what he said, his fingers froze above the piano keyboard. Gusto ko sanang isipin na isa na naman iyon sa mga pakulo niya, ngunit alam kong hindi niya magagawang pahiyain ang sarili sa ibang tao.

"I can't feel my hands," he said, still looking hysterical.

Napalingon ako sa mga taong nakatingin sa'min, naghihintay sa mga susunod na mangyayari. I was concerned with Arrow, but the eyes of every person around us gave me more pressure.

I looked at him and asked, "You can't keep playing anymore?"

"No," he said, shaking his head.

Arrow hated disappointment from other people, and in order to save him from embarrassment, I had to do something.

"I got this," I told him in a whisper. "Just relax."

I sat beside him and pressed his hands, trying to make him feel the warm of my palms. After giving him comfort, he slowly put his hands away from the piano keyboard. Then, I started with what I planned to do. I took over the piano from him.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I'll continue the performance for you," I answered, giving him a smile of assurance.

The place fell silent as my fingers danced across the piano keys. I glanced up and I saw the crowd with jaws dropping in astonishment. Even Arrow didn't crack a smile and couldn't hide his surprise.

"Alam mong tumugtog ng piano?" nagtataka niyang tanong.

"Medyo," sagot ko habang patuloy pa rin sa pagtugtog. "You used to play this music when we were younger. Remember, we always sneak inside my school's music room during summer for you to play this music."

I wasn't looking at him, but I saw from the gesture of his body that he looked amazed. Hindi niya siguro inakala na maaala ko pa ang mga panahong 'yon.

"I almost forgot about it, but you still remember it," he said.

I smiled as I played. "After hearing this music from you, I tried learning it. Hindi ko inakala na maaala ko pa rin kung pano ito tugtugin."

"You're unbelievable," he said, as if he completely forgot the weird happenings about his fingers.

My hidden talent was revealed, and the melody continued to swell as I lost myself in the music I was playing. Nang matapos akong tumugtog ay bumuhos ang palakpakan. I could see Maze and Audrey who were both clapping and looking proud for what happened.

On the other hand, Arrow couldn't hide amazement towards me. A broad smile spread across his face. My performance had clearly impressed him. Well, I had to commend him as well since he started the performance, so I clapped for him with a smile.

Matapos 'yon ay nilapitan muli namin sina Maze at Audrey na nakapwesto na sa isang lamesang malapit sa fountain.

"Wow! That was amazing," commented Maze as we joined them on the table.

"And romantic," Audrey followed, placing both of her palms to her cheeks.

"I didn't know you also have that talent," said Maze.

"Kaya nga. Pareho pala kayong musically inclined ni Arrow. Bagay na bagay talaga kayo," sambit ni Audrey habang salitan niya kaming tinitingnan ni Arrow.

"I was surprised too," Arrow said who still looked perplexed.

"Teka! Bakit ka pala huminto kanina?" tanong ni Maze habang nakatingin sa aking katabi.