22: Wistoragic

─────⋆˚ ༘🕰️ˋ°.⍣─────

I could feel the intensity of Maureen's eyes, piercing through me like daggers. She appeared to be sweet to everyone, but I could see beyond her eyes how wicked she was.

"Don't drag Arrow here," she said.

"Bakit naman hindi?" tanong ko. "Hindi ba dapat lang na malaman ko rin ang totoo mula sa kanya dahil boyfriend ko siya? Why Maureen, are you afraid to find out who he cheated on me with?"

A look of panic appeared on her face. She looked guilty, but I was confused with some details. There's a possibility that Maureen was the one who spread the rumor, ngunit kung intensyon niya na sirain ako, bakit kailangan niya pang idamay si Arrow sa blind item samantalang patay na patay siya dito?

Livvy scoffed. "You're talking as if you didn't also cheated to Arrow."

"Let's say I cheated on him and Arrow really cheated on me," I started. "But why are you making me feel like it's only my fault? Is this some sort of your double standard? Kapag ako ang may kasalanan, aatakihin niyo ako ng ganyan, pero kapag 'yong taong pabor sa inyo ang nakagawa ng mali ay ayos lang?"

Nagpalitan ng tinginan ang tatlo, tila nagtuturuan kung sino ang sasalo sa mga salitang ibinato ko sa kanila.

"This is really interesting," I said. "I know what I did during the party was wrong, but reacting this way is too much."

"Edi lumabas rin ang totoo," saad ni Rolly. "May ginawa ka ngang mali nang gabing 'yon."

"Yes, I did something," I said. "Pero paano kayo nakasisiguro na ako ang may pagkakamali ng gabing 'yon? Sigurado ba kayo na ibang lalaki ang kasama ko noon at hindi si Arrow?"

"So now you're using Arrow to get away from the issue," said Maureen.

"No I'm not, I'm just stating possibilities," I responded. "Hindi ko man kayo mabigyan ng maayos na sagot para linisin ang pangalan ko, ngunit sa isang bagay lang ako nakasisiguro."

"Enough with the puzzle!" Maureen blared.

"Arrow didn't cheat on me," I said with confidence. "Ang totoo nyan ay alam ko kung sino ang babaeng kasama ni Arrow nang gabing 'yon, and I was certain that girl was also the one who spread the rumor about Arrow and me."

"What?" Livvy reacted. "Who is it, then?"

"I don't want to reveal who she was because I'm not the type who would destroy someone's image. But let me tell you this, that girl is in a relationship with someone else as well, and I'm so confused why she's so desperate to get my man's attention."

I watched Maureen as she furrowed her brow and fidgeted with the hem of her skirt. Clearly, she was feeling flustered with my statement. Her calmness replaced by a nervous energy that was plain before my eyes. She bit her lip and glanced to her friends, as if hoping no one noticed her distress.

Huminga siya ng malalim, saglit na pumikit at binigyan muli ako ng matalas na tingin. "Are you sure it was the girl who's desperate or it's Arrow?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying to maintain my composure.

"You said that girl has a relationship with someone else. Paano kung si Arrow mismo ang humahabol sa kanya para makipaghiwalay ito sa boyfriend niya?"

Saglit akong natahimik, tila nilalamon ako ng mga salitang sinabi ni Maureen. I tried refusing to believe her statement, but it still bothered me at some ppint.

What if it's really Arrow who was so obsessed with Maureen?

"Kung ako rin naman si Arrow ay hindi ako magdadalawang isip na humanap ng iba," nakangiting sabi ni Rolly.