05: Metanoia

─────⋆˚ ༘🌙ˋ°.⍣─────

We're on our way to Jojoe Cafe to meet Maureen. Of course, I was the man of the pedal since Tita Meryl prohibited Arrow to drive. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ayaw niyang pahawakin ng manibela ang anak niya. Marahil ay natatakot siya dahil sa nangyari sa kanyang asawa.

As I gripped the steering wheel, I glanced at Arrow who was sitting beside me. It seemed a dark aura was embracing him because of his furrowed eyebrows and serious eyes. He had no idea who we were meeting, and I was worried about his reaction once he saw her.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?" I asked Arrow, trying the escape the disaster that might occur.

Mabilis namang nag-init ang kanyang tingin sa'kin. "Jojoe Cafe ang usapan, hindi ba?"

I straightened my body in a jiffy. Hindi ko maiwasang tumiklop sa tuwing tumataas ang tono ng kanyang boses.

"Ano ba kasing gagawin mo sa Jojoe Café?" tanong niya.

"Iinom ng kape," matipid kong sabi.

"You think I'm stupid?" he asked. I wasn't looking at him, but his tone made it clear that I was straining his patience. "Alam kong iinom ka ng kape, but at this hour? For sure you have another reason."

"Another reason?" I asked, playing dumbed as if he's not right about his suspicion.

"You're going to meet someone there?" he asked in a flash.

"Of course not," I denied, but I felt the hot feeling on my cheeks from lying.

"Sino?" tanong niyang muli.

"Wala nga!" mataas kong sabi.

"Then why are you sweating?"

As soon as he dropped that question, he touched my face, wiping the beads of sweat in my forehead. I felt an electricity as he traced his finger down to my cheeks.

"What are you doing?" I asked as if I wasn't bothered about the idea that he's touching my face.

"Trying to catch you if you're lying," he replied and removed his hand to my face.

"So?" I hung, raising my eyebrows. "Do I look like I'm lying to you?"

"Yes," he said with confidence. "Ngayon, kung hindi ka magsasabi ng totoo ay baka hindi mo magustuhan ang susunod kong gagawin."

Dahil sa kanyang banta ay napahinto ako sa pagmamaneho. "Anong ibig mong sabihin?"

Arrow slowly brought his face closer to mine. He was smiling like a playful dark spirit ready to possess my whole body. I could smell his breath like the mixture of cigarette and fresh strawberries.

"There's a beast inside me that I've been wanting to release for a long time," he said, narrowing his seductive eyes. "Now you choose, you're going to tell me the truth or I will show you the beast?"

Tila saglit akong nalagutan ng hininga dahil sa kanyang sinabi. He's trying to threaten me with his playful words, and somehow, it was affecting me so bad.

"Ano?! Mamili ka," sambit niya.

"Okay fine!" I raised my hands into a hold-up position. "You're right, I'm meeting someone."

He narrowed his eyes and asked, "Who is it?"

I was hesistant, but I didn't want to see the beast he's talking about. "Just promise that you won't be angry when I tell you," I requested.

"Just say it!" he exclaimed.

"It's Maureen!" I said and closed my eyes, preparing myself to save my dear life.