51: Evigheden (Final)

─────⋆˚ ༘🌈ˋ°.⍣─────

I woke up to the warm rays of sunlight streaming in through my bedroom window. The daylight energized me, as if it was full of promise and possibility. Nang ako'y bumangon ay humarap ako sa salamin, inaalala ang nakaraan.

It's been seven years since that day. Nakatatak pa rin sa aking isipan ang madidilim na parte ng aking nakaraan. Some moments remained in sharp focus, especially Arrow's battle with his illness. Though it was long ago now, the memory of him through those difficult days was imprinted into my mind.

After taking a shower, I walked through my closet and selected a crisp white sleeves and brown pants. I took my time getting dressed, making sure every detail was perfect. I needed to look presentable for a new client.

Tatlong buwan pa lang ang lumipas simula nang ipatayo ko ang maliit kong kumpanya. It's called Seven Arrow Productions. I achieved my dream to have my own video editing company. With Tita Meryl's help, I found investors that helped me put up my business.

As I took my steps out of my apartment, I grabbed my phone from my pocket to call someone.

"Hello, Audrey. I'm on my way, please assist our new client once they arrive," I said through my phone. She's working with me as my Multimedia Manager.

"Okay, copy," she responded. "Anyway, are you going to grab a coffee before heading here in the office?"

"Alam ko na kung saan papunta 'to," sambit ko. "What coffee do you want?"

"Of course, my favorite americano," she replied with an upbeat voice.

"Okay, I'll be there in twenty minutes. Tawagan mo agad akong kapag dumating na sila," bilin ko.

"Noted!" she replied before we ended our call.

As I headed to the coffee shop with the car I got from Tita Meryl on my birthday, I put on the radio to start my morning with a blast. I tapped my fingers to the steering wheel while listening to the first beat of the song, and then I recognized that it was the first song our company had released.

It was Arrow's song. The one that he wrote about us with the title, Seven Arrows.

Running through the fields,

Hand in hand

We chased after fireflies,

Playing in the sand

Underneath the clear blue sky,

Swimming meet in half.

As I listened to the music, the lyrics seemed carrying me back in time. Naalala ko ang bawat detalye ng pagsasama namin ni Arrow noong mga bata pa lamang kami. Nakakatuwa ngunit nakakalungkot ring isipin na ang mga batang masayang naglalaro lang noon ay haharap pala sa mabibigat na hamon ng buhay.

We danced under the moonlit sky,

Whispering secrets at night,

Memories will remain,

A reminder of our innocent days.

Nang unang beses naming iparinig sa publiko ang boses at kanta ni Arrow ay inulan kami ng papuri. It also gave way to get more investors and sponsors in our company. In the span of three months, our company rose to success. We went from completely unknowns to the talk of the town.

I wanna go back in those years,

Chasing dreams and feeling free,

Felt alive, no single worries,