29: Caligo

─────⋆˚ ༘🍂ˋ°.⍣─────

My hands were shaking, but I managed to press play on the video. There I was, dancing wildly with a bunch of guys around me. Most of them were topless, holding their drinks and wearing masks. I didn't know if I was drunk or what, but on that video, I was clearly out of my mind.

"The one who posted that video is the same dummy account who posted the blind item," Dandrix informed me.

"Dandrix, hindi ko maalala na nangyari 'to," saad ko na tila naluluha pa.

"Naniniwala ako, Rino," sambit niya sabay kuha ng kanyang cellphone sa'kin. "Alam kong hindi mo magagawa ang ganitong bagay."

Napahawak ako sa aking dibdib. "Bakit niya ginagawa 'to? Ano bang ginawa kong masama sa kanya?"

"Don't worry, Rino. I'm trying to find out who's behind this," he said. I could see clearly he was trying very hard to make me calm.

"You don't need to waste your time, Dandrix. Alam ko kung sino ang gumagawa nito," sambit ko.

Napalitan ng galit ang aking pagkabahala. With a lift of my chin, I felt a flash of anger surge through me. Iisa lang ang nais kong gawin at 'yon ang durugin ang mukha ng taong gumawa sa'kin nito. I turned and began storming away.

"Saan ka pupunta?" tanong ni Dandrix habang nakasunod sa'kin.

"Kay Maureen," sagot ko habang nakatuon sa aking dinaraanan ang nangangalit kong mga mata.

"But we're not sure if she really did this," he said.

"Sino pa ba ang gagawa nito? Siya lang ang may rason para gawin 'to sa'kin."

"You need to calm down, Rino," he expressed, trying to stop me.

I didn't answer him and I just continued with my tracks. When I entered the school building, I spotted Maureen walking with her friends. She's also with Audrey behind them. Nakahawak si Maureen sa kanyang cellphone at halatang may pinanunuod siya mula rito. I knew what she was watching by the way she drew that satisfying smile.

"Maureen!" I yelled, and I didn't even care what would other students might think about me.

"Hello, Severino," she said, waving her phone at me. "I'm sure you already watched yourself all over the private page. Hindi ko alam na may ganoong side ka pala. Did you have fun?"

"With those naked guys dancing around you, siguradong nag-enjoy ka," nakangiting sabi naman ni Rolly.

"Kitang-kita naman sa video kung gaano siya kasaya," gatong pa ni Livvy.

Audrey was just standing behind them, showing so much worry on her face.

"Ikaw ba ang nag-utos sa mga lalaking 'yon para dukutin ako?" galit kong tanong kasabay ng mainit na tingin ko kay Maureen.

"What are you talking about? Are you trying to blame me again for something I didn't do?" she responded as if she was playing her words.

"Huwag ka ng magmaang-maangan pa, Maureen! Ikaw lang ang alam kong pwedeng gumawa nito."

"Why are you so obsessed on accusing me? Hindi kaya ginagawa mo 'to dahil gusto mong sirain ako? Sinisisi mo ako para ako ang magmukhang masama?"

"Don't try to turn the table!" I spat.

"I'm not trying to turn the table, I'm just trying to stop you from pointing the gun at me. Isa pa ay bakit ba ang init ng ulo mo? Severino, you don't need to feel ashame about the video. All of us have our own dark secrets, but the thing is that yours is now exposed," she said, smiling like a dark witch.