「𝐓𝐖𝐎」froglegs

[season one, episode two]

"𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐁𝐎𝐘." Shane praised as he taught Carl and Delilah how to tie knots.

"Shane, watch, watch." Delilah said in excitement as she maneuvered the rope around her small fingers.

Shane grinned, watching her closely. "Three, two, one. Pull it!"

Delilah tugged on the rope but the knot didn't form. Shane laughed softly as her face dropped in disappointment. He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. "It's alright. Start it over."

"Hello? Basecamp?" A voice cane from the C.B that was now on top of the rv. It sounded a lot like T-dog. "Can any— hear. . . me?"

"Hello?" Dale spoke into the radio. "Hello? Receptions bad on this end. Repeat. Repeat."

"Is that them?" Lori asked, shielding the sun from her eyes with her hand. Delilah quickly stood up and ran over to stand beside her mom and Scott.

"We're in—deep shit. Trapped. Department store."

Shane pressed a hand to his mouth. "He say they're trapped?"

"There are geeks all over the place. Hundreds of 'em, we're surrounded."

Scott ran a hand through his hair and shook his head. He felt sick to his stomach hearing T-dog's news. He had grown close to the man, his little sister. . . Layla and Glenn.

"T-dog, repeat that last." Dale said desperately. "Repeat!" There was no response, only static.

"He said the department store." Lori stated, tilting her head.

Dale nodded. "I heard it too." He confirmed.

Lori looked at Shane. "Shane?"

"No way." The man shook his head. "We do not go after them. We do not risk the rest of the group, y'all know that."

"So, we're just gonna leave her there?" Amy scoffed, the her she was referring to was her sister, Andrea.

Shane sighed, stepping closer to the blonde. "Look, Amy. I know that this is not easy."

"She volunteered to go," Amy's eyes filled with tears. "To help the rest of us."

The officer nodded. "And she knew the risks, right? See, if she's trapped. . . she's gone. So, we just have to deal with that. There's nothing we can do."

Amy's hands balled up into fists. "She's my sister, you son of a bitch!" With that, Amy stormed off. Lori quickly followed after the young woman.

Delilah frowned and looked up at her eldest brother. "If daddy was here, he'd go get them." She softly said, grabbing into the hem of Scott's red t-shirt.

Scott sighed, looking down at her. "Yeah, well, Shane's not dad." He said, his voice low.

The young girl nodded and bit her lip. Shane wasn't Rick. Delilah missed her her dad, she missed his hugs and she missed how he used to pretend to talk for “Frannie the frog” when she was sad or scared. "I miss him." She whispered.