「𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘」time to move on

[seasons two, episode thirteen]

𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽 𝙼𝙸𝙽𝚄𝚃𝙴𝚂 𝙿𝚁𝙸𝙾𝚁

𝐀𝐑𝐋 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 Hershel's bedroom and Delilah watched him nervously. He was making her antsy. "Will you stop?" She asked with a shake in her voice.

He turned and looked at her. "Dad, Shane and Scott are in danger. Randall has Shane's gun." He stressed and shook his head. "We have to go out there."

Delilah got up from the bed and narrowed her eyes. "Won't mom get mad?" She tilted her head.

Carl rolled his eyes. "Who cares? Dad and Scott need us. Do you not want to protect them?"

The Grimes girl glared at him and walked over to the window. "Course I do. So, let's go." She was now determined to find her dad and Scott.

Carl smiled and lifted the window open. He climbed out first and turned to help Delilah out. Once she was on the ground he gently let the window slide shut. "Let's go." He said, grabbing her hand before pulling her behind  him across the yard.

Suddenly a gunshot came from the edge of the property and both kids froze in their tracks. Carl glanced down at his sister before wordlessly starting to run, jerking her behind him.

"Jesus Christ." They heard Scott mutter, he sounded a mixture of angry and sad. They got closed and that's when they saw him and Rick standing over Shane's dead body.

Delilah gasped and tears rolled down her pale cheeks. Rick and Scott whipped around and their eyes widened seeing the two.

"What are you doing out here?" Scott managed to ask though he was freaking out on the inside.

Carl stood protectively in front of his little sister when Rick stepped closer to them as Shane's body twitched. "Delilah. . . Carl — you should be back home with mom."

Carl raised his gun and Delilah gasped. "Shoot him!' She grasped his red jacket in fear.

"Hey. . . you don't understand." Scott worriedly said, stepping closer to his dad.

Shane's walker sprinted towards Rick and Scott, making Delilah panic. "Carl!" She cried.

BANG! Carl pulled the trigger and Shane's body fell to the ground for a final time. "Daddy!" Delilah sobbed and ran into her father's arms. Rick picked her up and held her close.

"We need to head back." Scott said, putting his arm around Carl.

"Yeah." Rick nodded, putting Delilah on the ground before grabbing her hand.

The four started walking back to the house. "You guys bit too?" Carl asked, leaning into Scott's side.

"We're find." Scott assured him when Rick didn't say anything.

"Shane was." Carl stated.

"That wasn't Shane. You know that." Rick told him.

Carl frowned. "Used to be." He then tilted his head. "were you attacked? I didn't see any walkers. . . how did Shane get bit?"

Scott looked at his dad. He knew exactly how Shane died but why did he turn? "He had to of been bit. . . right? How else would he of turned?" The four stopped walking and Rick turned to his kids.

Before he could say anything his gaze caught something. "My god." His eyes widened.

Scott followed his eyes and his stomach dropped seeing more walkers heading their way than he had ever seen before. Rick quickly scooped Delilah up into his arms and took off running with his sons right beside him.