「𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍」CDC

[season one, episode five]

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐎 leave Jim behind, the poor man was suffering and he requested to be left behind. Soon after they arrived at the CDC and everyone got out of their cars. "Eww." Delilah mumbled as a rotten smell filled her nose. There were dead bodies everywhere.

Lori wrapped one arm around her and the other around Carl to be sure that the two couldn't get to far from her. Scott was close to the three, his hand hovered over the gun in his back pocket, ready to use it to protect his mom and younger siblings.

"Stay together," Rick spoke from the front of the group. "Keep moving."

Delilah wanted to puke as the smell got stronger. Never had she ever smelt anything so gross. The group soon reached the shutter-coverd door. Shane and Rick tried to open them but had no luck.

"There's nobody here." T-dog voiced, shaking his head.

Rick looked back at him. "Then why are these shutters down?"

"Walkers!" Daryl yelled, readying his crossbow. He then killed the walker that was the most threat. "You led us into a graveyard!" The angry redneck charged towards Rick.

"He made a call." Dale defended.

"It was the wrong damn call!" The Dixon man lunged at Rick but Shane caught him.

"Just shut up." He hissed, shoving him back. "You hear me? Just shut up."

"Daddy, I'm scared." Delilah cried, clinging onto her mom. Rick looked at her and his eyes softened.

"We can't stay here, dad." Scott shook his head.

"We can't be here this close to the city after dark," Lori stated trying to convince Rick it was time to go.

"Fort Benning, Rick." Shane reminded. "Still an option."

Andrea scoffed. "On what? No food, no fuel. That's a hundred miles."

"A hundred and twenty-five," Glenn corrected the blonde. "I checked the map."

"Forget Fort Benning," Lori snapped. "We need answers tonight. Now."

"We'll think of something." Rick stressed.

"Everybody back to the cars," Shane ordered. "Let's go, move! Come on, now."

"The camera. It moved." Rick's words stopped the group in their tracks.

"You imagined it." Dale told him, shaking his head.

"It moved." Rick repeated, more firmly.

"Rick, it is dead, man. It's an automated device, it's gears, okay? They're just winding down," Shane grabbed onto Rick. "Man, just listen to me, look around this place, its dead, okay? Its dead. You need to let it go, Rick."

Finally having enough, Scott ran over and helped Shane drag his father away from the building. The group didn't get far though before the door opened with a mechanical whirl and a bright light poured out.

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑
2.9.24
10:59𝐏𝐌

not edited

yet another short chapter

Side note... I have no idea why I didn't just add this chapter in with chapter six so they would both be longer.