「𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍」Cherokee Rose

[season two, episodes 3+4]

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐌 was quiet. It felt the same as when Delilah was sitting in the back of Shane's jeep after school and her mother told her that her dad had been shot. Soon they made it to the farm and Bowie introduced them to his family. Hershel — his dad is a vet who is trying to save Carl's life — then there's his older brother, Wyatt and his ex, Kenzie and their little girl Georgia. Bowie also had two sisters. Maggie was older and Beth was his younger sister, who has a boyfriend named Jimmy. And while Patricia isn't blood related, she and her husband Otis had worked on the Greene's farm since Bowie was a kid.

Maggie showed Scott to the room his parents and Carl where in before leading Delilah into the living room where Beth and Georgia were, so Hershel could talk to Rick, Lori and Scott privately.

"Your brother's gonna be okay." Beth assured the girl with a soft smile.

Delilah nodded, placing her backpack down on the couch. "I know. . . he's tough, like my daddy."

Beth hummed. "You're pretty tough, too. I can tell just by how brave you are right now."

"There back!" While the others went outside, Scott walked into the livingroom and sat down beside Delilah.

"Your brother doing okay?" Beth asked him.

He hesitantly nodded as he propped his head against his knuckles. "Shane's back with the supplies. . . I believe he'll pull through."

"

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐘 as did the funeral for Otis. Delilah didn't attend but she did help Georgia pick some poppies to put on Otis grave. After the funeral, Georgia pulled Delilah up to her bedroom to play with her cabbage patch kids.

"Do you have any dolls?" The shorthaired blonde asked as she sorted through her toybox.

Delilah shrugged, looking around Georgia's room in awe. It was any young girl's dream to have a room like Georgia's. So many toys and playhouses. "I have Frannie Frog and Biggie Bunnie. . . but they're not exactly dolls."

"That's okay. You can play with my toys, I don't mind." Georgia smiled, handing Delilah an arm full of toys. "It's boring playing by myself."

The Grimes girl nodded. She knew exactly what Georgia was talking about. "At our old camp I had to play alone a lot."

Georgia smiled a little. "Well, now we have each other."