「 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 」the world ended

[ season three, episode ten ]

𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, Delilah gasped as her eyes shot open. The cell was dark and Georgia was snoring on the bottom cell, Delilah glanced around feeling tears in her eyes. She had another nightmare, she had been getting them more often after her mom. . . She grabbed onto Frannie Frog and slowly climbed down from her bunk.

She slid on some sandals that Wyatt had found for her and Georgia, before quietly leaving the cell. She wandered through the dark to Scott and Bowie's cell. Their snores filled her ears as she entered the cell. She stood over Scott and held her stuffed frog close to her chest.

"Scotty." She whispered and watched as his eyes shot open — just about everyone was light sleepers now — he looked up at her concerned.

"Del?" He asked in a groggy voice.

"Can I stay with you?" She softly asked, looking down at her feet.

Scott sighed and scooted closer to the wall. "Come on." He said quietly, to not wake up Bowie.

The girl sniffled as she laid down beside him. "What's wrong?" Her brother asked.

Delilah frowned, holding her frog tightly. "I had a dream about mama."

Scott's throat went dry and he closed his eyes. "I get 'em too." He quietly admitted. "I think about it a lot."

Del turned her head to look at him. "You didn't kill her, Scotty. . . you blame yourself?"

The young man took a shaky breath and shook his head. "Carl thinks so."

"No he doesn't. He's just sad." Delilah argued. "Mom wanted Judith to be here. . . so she had to go."

"When did you become so grown up?" Scott asked with a faint chuckle.

His little sister shrugged. "The world ended and people died. . . it's not fun being eight years old in this world.

Scott's jaw tightened and he shook his head. His sister and Georgia were the youngest of the group, aside from Judith and it just hit him that the three of them and Carl wouldn't get normal childhoods. Theirs would be filled with death and destruction and it was unfair.

 Theirs would be filled with death and destruction and it was unfair

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘, Glenn had everyone preparing for the Governor to attack. Scott was the only one that was able to get out of doing anything, well aside from watching Judith. So he sat in his cell holding the baby in his arms, though he couldn't bring himself to look down at her, not until she started to coo, that's when his eyes shot down to look at her.

Her brown eyes had an innocent sparkle to them, one that had already disappeared from Carl's and Delilah's months ago. One that would disappear from hers too, it was only a matter of time.

"I'm sorry the world ended." He whispered. "The old world wasn't great but it sure as hell was a lot better than this shit."

Judith didn't understand a word of what he was saying, but she seemed to of loved the attention coming from her older brother.  Suddenly loud gunshots came from outside causing the youngest Grimes child to let out loud cries.

"Del?" Scott yelled, standing up with Judith in his arms, trying to calm her down. "Delilah?!" He called out, walking out of his cell.

Minutes later Delilah ran in from the common room. She made her way to the stairs and stopped on the first one. "A truck drove through the gate!" She panted, trying to catch her breath. "There's walkers everywhere out there but the people that were shooting left!"

"How do you know that?" He asked, rocking Judith.

"I was outside! Bowie was letting me help him hammer some boards."

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑
4.20.24
8.15𝐏𝐌
612𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒