「𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍」haunted

[season two,episode twelve]

𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐄'𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐊𝐄𝐏𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 youngest Grimes awake all night. He was haunting her dreams and she wasn't sure why. She always thought you only haunt people you don't like. She was sure that Dale and her were friends. . . so why was he haunting her. What was worse was she didn't know who to ask, since Dale was the wisest of the group and he was gone. There was T-dog, but other than being a nice man, he wasn't as wise as Dale. Glenn wouldn't do either, he was to sad at the moment. Hershel though. . . he was perfect. He's nice, smart and old.

So Delilah wondered through the house and found Hershel making his bed on the couch. "Mr. Hershel, you're old."

Hershel's brows shot up and he looked back at her. "Why do you mention that?" He asked, his lips twisting up in amusement.

"I think Mr. Dale is haunting me." Delilah admitted, looking at her feet. "You're old. . . he was old, so maybe you can tell me why he would want to haunt me."

Hershel sighed and sat down on the couch. "Why do you think he's haunting you?" He asked with a soft look in his blue eyes.

The girl shrugged, wringing her hands together. "When I close my eyes. . . I see him. Sometimes he's still him, others he's a walker and sometimes he's just dead."

The old man nodded and patted the couch for her to sit beside him. Once she did he turned to her. "Dale is not haunting you, sweetheart. He cared about you, so. . . maybe he's just telling you that even though he's not physically here, he'll always be in your heart." He smiled a little. "I'm gonna tell you something. Something that I want you to always remember, can you do that?"

Delilah looked at him, her eyes full of curiosity. "I can." She nodded.

Hershel exhaled. "In life. . . you're going to lose people and it will hurt, maybe more so nowadays with the way the world is, but, just because you lose them, that doesn't mean they're really gone. As long as you're here they will live on through you and your memories. So, Delilah hold those memories as close and tight as possible, cherish them."

Yep, just like Dale. Delilah didn't fully understand the meaning behind Hershel's words. The day would come when she did, but the kind old man would be long gone by then, so she would never get the chance to tell him.

 The day would come when she did, but the kind old man would be long gone by then, so she would never get the chance to tell him

𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐇 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 something was up with Carl. Something was haunting him. She wasn't gonna push him to tell her but she was going to keep him company, that was why she chose to follow him into the hayloft to keep watch. Rick patted her shoulder after he climbed up before sitting down between her and Carl. "Mom said you'd both be here."