「𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄」wise old man

[season one, episode four]

"𝐈 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐖𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒." Delilah spoke as she watched Scott cook the fish that Amy and Andrea caught.

The nineteen year old laughed, as the sun started to set above them. "Me too, but even without fries, dinner is gonna be awesome."

Delilah shrugged, swinging her legs over the edge of her chair. "I hope daddy will make it back before we eat." A small frown appeared on her face.

Scott sighed. "He's okay, you know. Jim's right. . . he's probably just helping someone." His words brought her just as much comfort as Jim's had earlier that day.

The girl fiddled with her hands. . . a nervous habit of hers. "Yeah, it's what he does." She said quietly.

Her brother smiled at her. "Go get cleaned up. The fish is almost done."

Delilah nodded and jumped out of her chair before running to the rv.

𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 campfire, the group sat, laughing and enjoying their food. It was the first time in a long while that everyone was in high spirits. "I've gotta ask you, man. It's been driving me crazy." Morales said, his eyes focused on the old man.

Dale nervously cracked a laugh. "What?"

"That watch." Morales nodded at Dale's wrist.

"What's wrong with my watch?"

Morales grinned at the man. "I see you everyday, at the same time, winding that thing like a village priest saying mass."

"I've wondered this myself," Jacqui added, smiling over at Dale.

"Time. It's important to keep track, isn't it? The days at least," Dale looked towards Andrea. "Don't you think, Andrea? Back me up here."

Andrea shrugged with an awkward smile and Dale sighed, leaning back in his chair. "I like. . . I like what, uh, father said to son when he gave him a watch that had been handed down through generations," he paused. "He said, “I give you mausoleum of all hope and desire which will fit your individual needs no better than it did mine and my father's before me. I give it to you, not that you may remember time, but that you may forget it for a moment. Now and then and not spend all of your breath trying to conquor it.”"

A silence took over the group and Delilah crossed her arms, she didn't get anything that just came out of the old man's mouth, but Dale was a wise old man so she'd just take his word for it.

"You are so weird." Amy broke the silence followed by everyone laughing.

"It's not me." Dale defended. "It's Faulkner. William Faulkner. Maybe my bad paraphrasing."

"You're a wise old man, Mr. Dale. . . like Owl from Winnie the pooh." Delilah's comment only made the others laugh even harder. She furrowed her brows and look at her mom. "I need to go to the bathroom." She whispered.

Lori sighed, putting her plate down. "I can take her." Amy announced as she stood up from her spot. "I was about to head up there anyway."

Lori smiled at the young woman. "Thank you."

"It's no problem." Amy kindly said as Delilah grabbed onto her hand. The two then made their way up to the rv.

"You can go first." Amy told Delilah as she opened the bathroom door for her. She figured she should let the kid with the smaller bladder use the bathroom. first.

Delilah nodded and stepped inside the bathroom. She was about to close the door behind her but stopped when she noticed that there was no toilet paper. "There's nothing to wipe with." She complained as she stepped out of the small space.

Amy sighed, uncrossing her arms. "I'll go ask if we've got anymore hid somewhere."

Delilah followed Amy to the door and stood in the doorway while Amy stepped down to stand on the ground. Amy's arm was propped up on the door to keep it open.

"Do we have any more toilet paper?" No one was able to answer her question before a geek appeared from around the corner and sunk it's rotting teeth into her flesh. Her bloodcurdling screams filled the air and Delilah's heart dropped as her small frame shook like a leaf.

Overtaken by fear, she stumbled back away from the open doorway. She then ran to the closest cover and hid herself.

Terror took over the camp outside the rv as walkers took over. Scott immediately made sure that his mother and brother were by his side. "Scott, get them to the rv!" Shane barked, pushing Layla towards the Grimes family.

The woman immediately latched onto Scott's arm and stayed close to him and his family. The young Grimes man held his gun firmly, and shot any walker that got in his way of getting his family and Layla to the rv.

Gunfire came from the woods as Rick and the other men arrived back at the quarry, after that it didn't take long for the walkers to be killed off. Carl immediately took off towards his dad.

"Oh, God, Delilah!" Lori cried out not being able to see her daughter anywhere. She dashed past Andrea, who was crying over Amy's body and ran into the rv, Scott hot on her heels.

"Delilah, baby?" The worried mother called out as she frantically looked for her baby girl. She was met with silence only causing her to panic more. "Where is she?" She sobbed, turning to her oldest son.

A small sob filled the air, coming from underneath the small dining table. "Mom." Scott said, dropping to his knees.

Delilah was curled up to the wall, holding her knees to her chest as she shook in fear. Lori kneeled down by Scott and she visibly relaxed seeing that Delilah was okay. "Come here, Baby." She held her arms out for her.

"Mama." Delilah cried, flinging herself into Lori's arms.

Lori held onto her as tight as she could, not ever wanting to let her go. "I'm here, baby. You're okay. . . I'm here." She whispered rocking Delilah gently.

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑
2.9.24
8:38𝐏𝐌
1004𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒

not edited

I hate that Amy had to die so soon. I really liked her.

Two chapters in one day? Maybe three but I don't want to push it.