「𝐓𝐄𝐍」just an accident

[season two, episode two]

𝐓-𝐃𝐎𝐆 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 Delilah Grimes' favorite people. . . he found her a flower coloring book while he was looking for something to ease the pain in his arm. He had also found her some makers. So while Dale searched cars, Delilah sat with T-dog and colored while he smoked some cigarettes he found.

"What's your favorite color?" Delilah asked as she colored the first page in her new book.

T-dog looked over at her and shrugged. "I like green."

"Green?" Delilah's brows furrowed. "I don't have a green marker."

The man looked down at her book and hummed. "What color is the flower supposed to be?"

"Pink. . . I do have pink."

"Well, there you go. Color it pink." T-dog pointed.

"I will." Delilah smiled and took the lid off the pink marker.

"Found some more batteries." Dale announced, walking over with some supplies and a guitar. "A bottle of very trendy pink water, an excellent new machete and I thought Glenn or Scott might like this guitar. Maybe one of them plays. He sat the stuff down before sitting down beside Delilah.

He glanced down at the flower she was coloring.
"wow." He smiled. "That's a beautiful flower."

"Uh-huh. It's a stargazer lily." Delilah informed not pulling her eyes away from the page.

Dale's brows raised. "That's correct." He chucked softly. "These were my wife's favorite flower."

The Grimes girl smiled. "They're my second favorite flower."

T-dog moved his arm in discomfort and the two turned to look at him. "Found some ibuprofen. . . and these." He waved his cigarette and sighed. "What are we doing."

Dale shrugged. "Pulling supplies together."

T-dog shook his head. "No, I mean. . . what are we doing? People off in the woods, they's looking for that poor little girl and we're here. Why?"

Dale's brows furrowed and T-dog continued to talk. "'Cause they think we're the weakest. . . what are you, seventy? And Delilah's just a little girl."

The old man sighed. "I'm sixty-four."

"Uh-huh." T-dog nodded. "And I'm the one black guy. Realize how precarious that makes my situation?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Dale wondered completely confused.

"I'm talking about two good-old-boy cowboy sheriffs and a redneck whose brother cut of his own hand because I dropped the key. Who in the scenario you think is gonna be the first to get lyched?"

Dale seemed surprised by T-dog's words. "You can't be serious. Am I — Hey, am I missing something? Those cowboys have done alright by us and if I'm not mistaken, that redneck went out of his way to save your ass — more than once."

"And don't forget about Andrea. Kills her own sister."

Delilah's eyes widened and she gasped. Dale shot T-dog a harsh glare and turned to Delilah. "Delilah, honey. . . Amy was a walker. Andrea didn't kill her." He assured the girl.

T-dog scoffed. "Then wants to blow herself up. Yeah, she's all there."

"She's having a tough time. What is wrong with you?" Dale asked, his eyes narrowed.

"The whole world is having a tough time. Damn, man. Open your eyes. Look where we are! Stuck in this mess here!" T-dog yelled, making Delilah scoot closer to Dale.

"Shh!" Dale scolded, his eyes wide.

T-dog shook his head putting it in his hands.  "Let's. . . Let's just go. Let's just take the rv."

"You've gone off the deep end." Dale voiced shocked.

"I mean it, man." T-dog told him as the old man stood up. "Why are we on the side of this road like live bait? Let's go, you and me? Let's go before they get back."

"We're not taking Delilah away from her mom and dad. Not happening." Dale shook his head as he placed the back of his hand to T-dog's forehead. "Oh, my god. You're burning up." He exclaimed. "Give me that." He took the ibuprofen and poured a few into his hand.

"Here take these. We've gotta knock that fever down." He said, giving the pills and some water to T-dog.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 without Lori, Rick, Shane and Carl

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 without Lori, Rick, Shane and Carl. But there were with some blond stranger. So while the stranger and Glenn explained to Dale and T-dog what happened, Scott pulled Delilah to the side to talk to her privately

Scott sighed, lifting Delilah up and placing her ontop of the hood of an old car. "Where's daddy and mama?" The young girl asked tilting her head.

Scott clenched and unclenched his jaw, trying to figure out how to break the news to her. He cleared his throat. "So, Carl. . . he got hurt and they took him to a farm to get him some help." He paused and looked towards the others, his eyes landing on the blond stranger for a moment. "That's Bowie," he pointed his finger. "His dad is gonna help Carl."

Delilah's brows furrowed. "Did he fall down? Carl doesn't watch what he's doing. He could've tripped over something. He's clumsy like that."

The older boy let out a breathless laugh and shook his head. "He didn't fall down, Del. He, uh. . . he got shot. It was a hunting accident. Just an accident." The last part sounded more like he was talking to himself, trying to assure himself that if was only a stupid accident.

"Like daddy was?" Delilah frowned, looking at her lap. She was silent for a moment before looking back up at her brother. "So, he'll be okay too."

Scott smiled a little. "I hope so."

"He will be."

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑
2.14.24
11:31pm

939words

not edited