「𝐒𝐈𝐗」promise

[season one, episode five]

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 ever be the same again, Delilah Grimes would never be the same again. She had watched Amy die and that was something that would change her forever. She sat curled up on some old bus seats by the unlit firepit, while the adults focused on getting the camp cleaned up.

Her bright eyes were tired as the night before she got no sleep at all. Scott walked over and sat down. He had just got done helping Daryl drag all the bodies to one spot so the Dixon man could get to work on driving a pick axe through their heads to insure that they wouldn't come back.

Delilah moved closer to him and curled up into his side with her head on his chest.

"She still won't move?" Rick asked, undoubtedly referring to Andrea who still sat by Amy's dead body.

"She won't even talk to us." Lori informed him.

"She's gonna turn." Scott quietly said, rubbing his hand up and down Delilah's arm. "That's how it works, ain't it?"

They had never dealt with a bit person before, let alone someone in Amy's condition. All they had to go off of was the news and radio broadcasts.

Shane tiredly nodded his head. "We need to deal with it. Same as the others."

Rick slowly nodded. "I'll tell her how it is." He spoke before walking away.

His wife sighed and looked at her son and daughter. "Scott, take her to your tent. She doesn't need to be around all these bodies anymore." Her voice came out strained.

Scott nodded and scooped his sister up. He made his way past all the bodies and entered his tent as fast as he could. He then laid Delilah down on his cot.

"Don't leave, Scotty." The young girl quietly said, her voice faint.

Scott shook his head and sat on the ground. "I'm not gonna leave you. . . ever." He assured her, propping his arm on the cot beside her body.

"Promise?" She asked, staring at him.

"I promise." He nodded.

It was an easy promise to make. . . it would prove to be hard to keep, but just as “easy” to break.

 it would prove to be hard to keep, but just as “easy” to break

𝐀 𝐆𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓 startled Delilah awake. "Hey, it's okay." Scott softly said, putting his hand in her arm. "Everything's okay."

Suddenly Lori's head poked onto the tent. "We're about to have a funeral. You gonna stay here with her?"

Scott nodded and glanced over at his sister. "Yeah, she'll go back to sleep soon."

Lori forced a smile. "Okay. When you find time, pack up. Your dad wants to go to the CDC."

"Alright." Scott nodded and his mother left.

" Scott nodded and his mother left

"𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄, 𝐔𝐇, 𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆." Morales announced as the group gathered around to leave the quarry for good.

"We have family in Birmingham," his wife added. "We wanna be with our people."

"You're on your own. You won't have anyone to watch your back." Shane warned the family.

"We'll take our chances." Morales nodded. "I gotta do whats best for my family."

"You're sure?" Rick questioned.

"We talked about it. We're sure."

Rick sighed. "Alright. . . alright."

After some reluctant goodbyes the group hit the road. The Morales' going one way and the others going the other.

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑
2.9.24
10:22𝐏𝐌

not edited

yes. . . another short chapter. I apologize!