「𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍」shitty driver

[ season two, episode nine ]

𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 group gathered around to eat dinner that Patrica and Layla put together. Since so many of the group was missing, Carl, Delilah and Georgia got to sit at the grown up table. Delilah for one was happy to be sat in between T-dog and Carl.

"They should've been back by now." Andrea remarked as she and Shane entered the diningroom.

"Yeah. They just got holed up somewhere." Shane assured as he sat down. "We'll head out first thing in the morning." He started to fix his plate. "Carl, Delilah, I want you to keep your heads up, okay? Your old man, he's the toughest son of a—"

"No cussing in the house." Patrica scolded and Shane glanced up at her.

"Sorry."

Delilah's brows furrowed and she tilted her head. He didn't sound sorry.

"Lori, dinner." Carol called out as she headed towards Beth's room.

"She's not in there." Maggie told her.

"Where is she?" Dale wondered. "Haven't seen Scott in a while either."

Shane leaned forward his eyes on Carl and Delilah. "Carl, Del, when's the last time you saw your mom and Scott?" He asked.

"This afternoon." Carl answered and Delilah nodded.

"She was worried about Rick." Andrea shrugged and Layla hummed.

"She asked me to help Scott keep an eye on Carl and Delilah. But I ain't seen either of them since." She explained.

"Could they of gone after them?" Dale worriedly asked.

"She didn't say that." Layla shook her head and Shane threw his napkin down and stood up.

"Nobody panic. Gonna be 'round here somewhere." Everyone started to stand up to go look for them, but stopped when Kenzie ran into the house looking completely confused.

"Maggie. . . your car is gone." She informed, jabbing her finger towards the window So that the others could see the empty parking space.

"So is Lori and Scott." Dale told the blonde.

"Damnit." Shane cursed, sprinting over to the table in the living room. He grabbed up the keys to Carol's jeep before darting out the front door.

"Where are you going?" Layla questioned, running outside along with the others.

"Y'all get on back into the house. I'm gonna bring them back." Shane pointed as he jerked the driver's door open. His eyes shifted to Carl and Delilah. "Gonna bring 'em back. Don't you two worry." And with that, Shane got in the car and drove away.

Layla sighed, pulling her sweater tighter to her arms. A deep worry in her heart for the young Grimes man.

 A deep worry in her heart for the young Grimes man