「𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄」the prison

"𝐖𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐍𝐎 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐎." T-dog stated, looking at the map on the hood of Bowie's car. Eight months had passed since they lost the farm and they haven't had any luck finding a new home.

"When this herd meets up with this one, we'll be cut off. We'll never make it south." Maggie said, pointing at two spots on the map.

Daryl tilted his head, scratching his chin. "What would you say? That was about a hundred and fifty head?"

"Probably pushin' two hundred by now." Scott guessed, leaning on the hood.

Glenn nodded. "Yeah. . . and more know joining."

"This river could've delayed them." Hershel pointed at the map. "If we move fast, we might have a shot to tear right through there."

"Or we get stuck right in the middle." Bowie crossed his arms.

Rick moved his finger along the map. "Only thing to do is double back at twenty-seven and swing towards Greenville."

T-dog shook his head. "We picked through that already. It's like we spent the winter going in circles."

"Yeah, I know." Rick said, sharply. "At Newnan we'll push west. Haven't been through there yet. We can't keep going house to house. Need to find someplace to hole up for a few weeks."

T-dog nodded. "Alright. It cool if we go to the creek before we head out? Won't take long."

"We're runnin' low on water. We can boil it later." Layla chimed in.

Rick shrugged. "Knock yourself out."

"

𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐇 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀 tagged along with T-dog and Layla to the creek. The two girls had grown a lot in the eight months on the road, it was hard at first but they slowly adjusted. "How's your mama doing?" T-dog's voice broke Delilah out of her thoughts.

She looked over at him as he filled one of the jugs with water. She shrugged, turning her gaze back to the patch of wildflowers across the creek bank. "Okay, I guess. She's sad that my dad won't talk to her."

T-dog sighed. "I'm sure he'll come around. He's just been under a lot of stress lately." He assured her.

The Grimes girl stayed quiet and before T-dog could make another comment, Layla and Georgia approached them with two full jugs of water. "Y'all ready to head back?" Layla asked as Georgia ran to stand by Delilah's side.

"Yep. Let's do it." T-dog grinned, grabbing the jugs he had carried.

When they made it back to the road they saw the others loading up. "We hitting the road?" T-dog asked, placing the water jugs into the trunk of Bowie's car.

"Dad and Daryl found a place." Scott informed, leaning out the passenger side door of the camaro.

" Scott informed, leaning out the passenger side door of the camaro

𝐈𝐓 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 clear the prison yard and by that night they had a fire started and they all sat down to relax, well, except for Rick. "Mmm," Glenn hummed. "Just like mom used to make." He then threw the bone across the field.

"I dunno, but I've gotta say. . . this is the best damm squirrel I've ever eaten." Wyatt sarcastically added.

"Tomorrow we'll put all the bodies together. Want to keep them away from that water." T-dog suddenly spoke. "Now, if we can did a canal under the fence, we'll have plenty of fresh water."

"And this soil is good." Hershel said, rubbing some dirt between his fingers. "We could plant some seed, grow some tomatoes, cucumber, soy beans—"

"Can we have watermelon?" Delilah asked with a grin.

Hershel looked over at her and smiled. "I don't see why not." He told her before something caught his eye and he sighed. "That's his third time around. If there was any part of it compromised, he'd of found it by now."

Beth leaned closer to Lori with a soft smile on her face. "This'll be a good place to have the baby. Safe."

"Bethy, sing Paddy Reilly for me. I haven't heard that, I think, since your mother was alive." Hershel asked, smiling at his youngest.

"Daddy, not that one." Maggie softly said. "Please."

Hershel nodded. "How about The parting glass?"

Beth's shoulders slouched. "No one wants to hear." She shook her head.

"Come on, Bee." Bowie gave her an encouraging smile.

The blonde sighed. "Okay."

of all the money,
e'er I had, I spent it in
good company, and all
the harm e'er I've ever done alas it was to none but me and all I've done
   for want of wit—

Delilah laid her head on Scott's arm and listened to Beth's singing as her eyelids grew heavy and soon enough she was out like a light.

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑

3.20.24
1:23𝐏𝐌
780𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒