𝑠𝑖𝑥 : 𝐴𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑙𝑠 𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝐶𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝐹𝑙𝑦 𝐷𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝐻𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑊𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑀𝑒

"It's getting late, I'll put her to bed first." He said as she felt the little girl snoring softly on her lap, her tiny hand clutching Billie's necklace. She smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Sure. She's already in dreamland," Billie chuckled. He grinned up at her and stood up, carefully cradling Mila in his arms. They made their way to the bedroom, which was spacious . Jesse laid her on the bed, covering her with the soft blanket. He then picked up his phone and started texting someone.

"What's so captivating there?" I inquired

"Oh sorry what?" He blinked.

"What'cha doin'?"

"Oh I was just about to text Gab." He beamed, making Billie's heart sink, but what the fuck could she do?

"I should get going. See you sometime around Jesse." She said and walked pass him, his eyes widen, and he pulled her back. "Are you fucking out of your mind? Where are you going at this hour?"

"Home."

"Billie are you really going back to Matthew? Seriously?"

"Why not? I mean, what other options do I have?"

"You can stay here, you know that, right?" Jesse said, his voice soft and sincere. "You don't have to go back to him."

"Well, not indefinitely and I want to leave. So I hope you understand that Jesse."

"Billie, you're fucking absurd. I have no words for you right now. I suppose it's your decision, so bye." Jesse's voice rose and his face was flushed with anger. "You can stay here, as long as you need. We can figure this out together. You don't have to go back to him. You don't have to go through this alone."

"I might as well go back to my boyfriend, more like my abusive partner. At least I have someone to call my partner as." Billie said and Jesse blinked.

With that, she left his house, feeling a whirlwind of emotions. She keeps repeating the same error. There's no way out."

Angels like him can't fly down hell with her.

Jesse came, sprinting from inside. "Billie wait!" He exclaimed, making Billie turn around. "What?"

"How are you gonna get home?"

"I don't know? Call a cab or something?"

He groaned, "Billie please shut the fuck up and let me drive you home then."

She declined his offer. "No it's fine. It's late and I don't want to risk you driving at this hour." She said gently. "Shut up dude. Now it's either me taking you home or you're staying here. Besides, I'm the one who even brought you here."

"Fine. Thanks though."

"No problem. I'll get Mila."

He returned with a sleeping Mila in his arms and I felt so guilty. "Hey are you sure? She's asleep."

"She won't wake up. Don't worry about her." Jesse said, as he gently laid her on the backseat of his car. Billie got in as well, and they sat in silence for a moment. The engine roared to life, and they drove off into the night. The wind was cold, but Jesse put the heater on full blast. They didn't speak much on the way, lost in their own thoughts.

When they finally pulled up to Billie's place, Jesse got out of the car and rushed over to Billie's side, opening the door like he always does.

She smiled and thanked him. "Thanks for driving me home, Jesse. I really appreciate it."