𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 : ℕ𝕠𝕨 𝕀'𝕞 𝔾𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟' ℍ𝕚𝕘𝕙 𝕀𝕟 ℂ𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕒

"Babe I'm hungry, you?" Jesse asked, glancing over his shoulder at her. He felt her nod against his back. "Good, 'cause I know this place that has the best burgers ever. We can go there and eat, maybe catch a movie later. Just you and me, alone." He smiled, the warmth in his voice making her heart skip a beat.

"Bitch you're always hungry, but yeah I'm starving." Billie snickered. She felt his arms tighten around her, pulling her closer. "You know what else I'm in the mood for?" She whispered, her breath tickling his neck. "Fries, and a chocolate shake." He grinned against her, his laugh vibrating through her. "I love a woman who knows her priorities."

"Damn it's gonna be 2 AM before we know it, and I gotta be up in like, 7," Billie groaned, leaning her weight against his side. "Ah, but it's worth it," he teased, knowing she'd eventually cave. She let out a frustrated sigh, but then giggled. "Fine, let's do it. But I'm blaming you if I'm tired tomorrow," she warned, nuzzling her nose into his neck.

"Woman chill out, why do you even have to wake up at 7?" Jesse asked, glancing at her sideways. "It's not like you have a job or anything." He teased, knowing she hated being reminded that she didn't have a steady income. She let out a frustrated sigh but couldn't help but smile. "Yeah. . . but wait are you- Are you working or something?"

He chuckled and drove ahead, one hand on the wheel and the other on her thigh. "Actually, I'm- I'm a criminal lawyer, and yeah I own my own firm which is running smoothly at the moment, so no worries there."

Her eyes went wide as hell and she glanced at him, shocked. "You're a lawyer? A real lawyer?" He nodded with a smile, amused by her surprise. "Yeah, I graduated from UCLA with honors. Why?" She blinked, processing the information. "Well. . . I mean. . . I guess I just figured you'd be like. . . dumb or something." She ducked her head, feeling embarrassed. He chuckled, reaching up to cup her cheek.

"Don't be embarrassed, doll. I mean, you're smart as hell and all. But yes, I'm a real lawyer. It's just. . . something I like to keep to myself, you know?" She smiled up at him, feeling relieved. "Oh, well I'm sorry I didn't know. I'm just. . . it's not like I've ever met a real lawyer before," she admitted with a shrug. He laughed, kissing her forehead.

"If you're interested you're more than welcomed to be my assistant lawyer, you do have a lawyer's degree after all. You can shadow me, learn from me, and who knows, maybe in the future you can take over my firm." He winked.

"A-Are you s-s-serious?" She stuttered, her eyes wide with disbelief. He nodded, his face serious. "Of course I am, I wouldn't offer it if I wasn't. You're smart, you're funny, and you're beautiful. What more could I ask for in an assistant?" He teased, his thumb gently tracing circles on her cheek.

They got their food and headed to the theater, laughing and enjoying each other's company the entire time. After the movie, they drove back to his place, parked, and made their way inside. Jesse's mansion was cozy and well-lit, with a large window overlooking the city. He led her to his bedroom, where a plush bed was made with crisp white sheets.

"I bought another one, and I'm planning to move there." He said casually.

"Huh? Another whole mansion? Bitch I only got one-" He chuckled and kissed her cheek. "I mean it's not like you're broke-"

"Shut the fuck up I'm actually broke. I was surviving on Matthew's money." She paused, then grinned. "But don't worry, I'm gonna get my own. I'm gonna take over your firm someday." She climbed onto the bed, stretching out on the plush mattress. Jesse laughed, following her and lying down beside her. He propped himself up on one elbow, studying her face in the soft glow of the bedside lamp.

 "You know, if you ever want to change your mind about the law thing, there's always a spot for you here. With me. I mean, I'm not gonna force you or anything, but I think you'd be good at it. And you could always start your own firm if you wanted to. Or do something completely different. Anything you want, really." He trailed his fingers down her cheek, cupping her jaw.

She smiled up at him, her eyes soft with affection. "I appreciate that, really I do. But I think I want to be a lawyer. Maybe not as good as you, but my own kind of lawyer." He grinned back, pulling her closer and kissing her. "Then that's what you'll be. My own kind of lawyer."

They lay there for a while, talking and laughing, the warmth of the bed and each other's bodies making them feel safe and content. The sheets smelled faintly of lavender, and the room was filled with the sound of their easy breathing. It was the kind of moment where everything felt perfect and right, as if the world outside didn't exist and all that mattered was the two of them.

𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖚𝖊𝖉

A/N : Y'ALL PLEASE GO LISTEN TO Memorie$ by Goody Grace and Jesseeeee Rutherforddddd. It blew my mind, especially when Jesse sings. Huhu the title of this chapter is from one of that song's lyrics.