TᗯEᑎTY ᖴOᑌᖇ : ᖇ.I.ᑭ 2 ᗰY YOᑌTᕼ

𝒃𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒆

I closed my eyes for a little while and fuck I just fucking remembered. It's Jesse's birthday tomorrow. I had totally forgotten. My stomach dropped and my heart raced. Shit. I had to do something.

Hmm. This bitch would be telling me not to get anything for him during christmas and his birthday but you think I'll listen? No way. Fuck that. I'm getting him something, even if it's just a little something. He deserves it. I'll just have to find something small and meaningful, you know, something he'll really like.

We reached home and he carried me inside, just like he always did. It was the sweetest thing ever. I just laid down on the couch, completely spent, and he brought me some water and a glass of ice cream. "Eat this, it'll make you feel better," he said with a smile. I nodded, my eyes already starting to close.

Oi Billie you can't sleep just yet. I somehow gotta sneak out later tonight and get him something. I've got some money saved up and I'm sure I can find something cool. I'll just have to be quick and quiet about it. Maybe I can even wrap it while he's at work tomorrow. I'll just need to find a way to distract him or something, make sure he doesn't notice me missing.

He came over and I took his hand, caressing it. "Are you gonna go to work tomorrow?"

"Nope." He said, and in my head, I went hjbfcuhbvwawhbvhbhb.

"O-Okay." I mumbled, not opening my eyes. He laughed and kissed the top of my head. "You need your beauty sleep. I gotta get some files from the office. I'll be right back." I smiled, feeling a bit guilty for not wanting him to go. He left and I curled up on the couch, finally falling asleep.

My phone rang and I woke up. Thank god that phone was actually useful for once. I quickly got up and ran out, just taking Jesse's other car and I hope he wouldn't notice. I was a terrible liar. I drove to the mall, hoping to find something. I had about an hour before I had to get back, so I had to hurry.

I found this really cute bookstore and decided to go in. I browsed around for a bit, looking for something that he might like. I eventually found this really old, leather-bound book about classic cars. It had pictures and everything. It was perfect. I went up to the counter and bought it.

Of course this much isn't even close to enough. I need to find something else, something small. I wandered around the store some more, eventually coming across this really cute little trinket. It was a keychain with a miniature replica of an old-fashioned car key on it. It looked like something Jesse would really like. I found the register and paid for it quickly, feeling a bit relieved that I managed to find two things.

Alright time to head to the chocolate section and I gotta buy a cake this time because he'll somehow catch me if I baked him something. I head over there and quickly grab a little box of chocolates and a tiny chocolate cake. I head over to the counter and pay for everything, feeling a bit guilty about how much money I've spent on Jesse today. I mean, I was already broke. Oh well, it's Jesse's birthday, I can't help it.

I hurry back to the car, making sure not to dawdle too much. I get in and drive back home, hoping he won't see me coming. I pull into the driveway and quickly get out, hiding the bags in the trunk. I run inside and up to our room, closing the door quietly behind me. I quickly wrap everything, trying to be as quiet as possible. Finally, I have it all wrapped and put back in the trunk. I take a deep breath, feeling a bit relieved.

Now I just need to pretend like I'm asleep 'till he gets home. Damn if Jesse found out I went out alone at 11 PM, he'd kill me. He's always been overprotective like that. I settle down on the bed, trying to look asleep, and wait for him. The minutes seem to drag on and on, and I start to get nervous. I hear him come in, his footsteps heavy on the stairs. I force myself to stay still, not to move a muscle.