𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 : 𝑰 𝑺𝒆𝒆 𝑴𝒚 𝑹𝒆𝒇𝒍𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝑰𝒏 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑬𝒚𝒆𝒔

𝑏𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑒

I felt a little nauseous all morning, but I chalked it up to the stress of the company interview.

"Jes, do I need to get interviewed? Y'know to join your firm?"

"Do you want to join my firm, Billie?" Jesse asked, his voice carefully neutral.

I looked up at him, my heart pounding in my chest. "Well, I mean. . . I was just wondering if I needed to, that's all."

"It's a big decision, so you sure? You're more than welcomed to be my assistant. But it's a long way to go. You'd have to make sure this is what you really want." Jesse's eyes held mine, searching for something.

"I do want to be with you, Jes. I mean, I'm not sure what I want to do with my life yet, but I know that I want to be with you." I paused, trying to steady my breath. "And, I mean, I'm not employed either, so I guess I should start thinking about that. I could join your firm, I guess."

He smiled and kissed my forehead. "Okay, then. You'll have to go through the interview process like everyone else, but I'll make sure they know that you're a part of the team. And if you're really serious about it, I'll do what I can to help you along the way."

I returned the smile and hugged him, but then I felt some pain in my lower abdomen and my throat was suddenly dry. Jesse must have noticed something was off, as he pulled away and looked at me worriedly. "Billie, are you okay?"

"I-I don't know. My stomach hurts a little and I feel. . . funny." I took a deep breath, trying to steady my voice. What if I'm pregnant? I better check it out myself first. Before I tell Jesse anything, just to be sure.

I excused myself and went to the bathroom, where I locked the door and hurriedly pulled down my pants. I took out a pregnancy test, my hands shaking as I read the instructions. I went to the toilet and carefully peed on the stick. I waited, my heart pounding in my chest, as the minutes ticked by.

I've always wanted kids, and especially with Jesse, but we just got back together.

H-Holy shit. The test came out positive. I couldn't believe it. I sat down on the floor, my heart pounding in my chest, as tears welled up in my eyes. I felt both terrified and ecstatic at the same time. I knew that this was a life-changing moment, and I had so many questions running through my mind. How would Jesse react? What would we do about our careers? Could we afford a baby?

I placed a hand on my stomach, feeling a mixture of awe and fear. The reality of the situation was sinking in, and I knew that my life would never be the same again. I felt a rush of love for this tiny being growing inside me, but at the same time, I was scared out of my mind. How would I manage to raise a child when I was still trying to figure out my own life? And what about Jesse? I couldn't help but wonder how he would react to the news.

No I'll keep this away from him, for now. I'll just book an appointment with the doctor and sort things out on my own first. I don't want to make things complicated for Jesse. He's been through enough with his dad, Matthew and some shitty humans.

I quickly took my phone out and searched for a nearby clinic, making an appointment for later that afternoon. I didn't want to wait any longer to get the news confirmed and to start making plans. As I cleaned myself up and redid my pants, I tried to calm down and gather my thoughts. I knew that I had to tell Jesse eventually, but I wanted to make sure I was ready for the conversation.

I went out and told Jesse that I needed to go to the clinic for an unrelated matter, leaving him confused but understanding.

"Babe you don't want me to come along with you?" He asked with a worried expression, his hand on my shoulder. I could feel the warmth radiating from his touch and it made me want to lean into him, but I knew I had to be strong.