𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 : 𝐁𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡

𝙁𝙀𝙒 𝙈𝙊𝙉𝙏𝙃𝙎 𝙇𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙍

𝑗𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑒

We just finished the doctor's appointment and we found out the gender of our baby! It's a boy! We're both so excited and can't wait to meet him. The doctor said everything looked great. We spent the rest of the afternoon picking out names, making plans for the nursery, and imagining what it would be like to be parents to a little boy.

We decided to leave Mila at my mom's place, 'cause Billie is due any day now. We're both so excited to finally meet our little boy. We've been preparing the nursery for weeks, painting the walls a soft blue and decorating it with all sorts of cute stuffed animals and toys. The room looks amazing, and I can't help but feel a sense of pride and accomplishment every time I walk in there.

Billie had her hand on my thigh as I drove us home. She was practically glowing with excitement. The nursery was done, the baby shower was over, and now all that was left to do was wait for our little boy to arrive. The anticipation was almost unbearable.

"Love, can we go to the beach? I kinda wanna feel the sand between my toes before I'm all swollen and can't move," Billie asked, giving my thigh a gentle squeeze.

I smiled at her and pulled the car into a nearby parking lot. "Sure, let's go for a walk on the beach. It's a beautiful day out there." I knew she was anxious to get out and enjoy the fresh air, and I was more than happy to oblige. We grabbed a blanket from the trunk and headed down to the water's edge. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore was soothing, and the salty air made me feel alive.

The sun was setting over the horizon, painting the sky in a fiery orange and pink.

I held Billie's hand and she squeezed back, her grip tight and reassuring. As we walked along the shore, the sound of the waves crashing against the sand filled the air, drowning out all other noise. The sun was starting to set, casting a warm, golden glow over the ocean, painting the sky in a breathtaking array of pinks, oranges, and purples.

I playfully splashed water on her and she tried running away, "Jesse stop!" she yelled, laughing. I caught her and pulled her close, kissing her cheek. The salty taste of the sea on her skin, her soft, warm body pressed against mine. It was moments like these that I knew I could never take for granted.

She turned around and wrapped her arms around my neck and stood on her tippy toes, as our lips crashed together in a passionate kiss. The salty ocean spray mixed with the sweetness of her lips, sending tingles through my entire body. I wrapped my hands in her hair, deepening the kiss as she moaned into my mouth. It was a kiss that said everything I felt but couldn't find the words for, a kiss that promised a lifetime of love and happiness, a kiss that sealed our bond as husband and wife, and soon-to-be parents.

I held Billie's hand and we walked near to the shore and she squealed, "It's cold!"

"Cold?" I asked, laughing. "It's not that cold, sweetheart." But as I said it, I realized that the water was indeed colder than it had been when we used to come to the beach. It must be because I was used to the warmer waters of my homeland.

I held her close, thinking about that time where we broke up amicably and remained as friends and for three whole years. . . we weren't together, but I still felt this warmth in my heart for her. It was like a light that never went out, guiding me back to her even when I thought I had moved on. And now here we were, standing on the beach, hand in hand, about to embark on a new adventure together.

I kissed her cheek, again and again, my heart full of gratitude for her, for our little miracle. "You know, I remember when we used to come here, just the two of us. We'd spend hours talking, laughing, just being together. And now we're here, about to start this new chapter in our lives, with a baby on the way." I said, my voice thick with emotion. "I love you, Billie. More than anything in this world."

She smiled up at me, her eyes shining with unshed tears. "I love you too, Jesse. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us. Together."

I carried her and went deeper into the ocean and she was hitting my chest playfully, asking me to go back to the shore and I laughed. "Scaredy cat!" I teased. "Jesse don't put me down! I'm telling you!" she cried, but I didn't listen. I held her close, feeling the warmth of her body against mine.

"I'm gonna throw you!" I said playfully and she screamed, holding onto me even tighter. I kissed her forehead and brought her back to the shore, laughing. The water dripped from her hair and she was shivering, but she still had this glow about her, this radiant beauty that only a pregnant woman can possess. I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her close, feeling the warmth of her body against mine.

She pinched my arm, "Ow! Quit it!" I winced, laughing. "You're lucky I love you." I grinned, kissing her nose. The sun was dipping below the horizon now, painting the sky with a breathtaking display of oranges and reds. The air was cooler, but it didn't seem to bother us. We stood there, arms wrapped around each other, watching as the last rays of light disappeared, leaving the sky a deep shade of navy blue.

"Ooh Jesse my leg is cramping," Billie complained, rubbing her knee. I looked down at her, concern etching my features.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked, taking her hand. She nodded, but didn't look too convinced. "Here, let's get you to a drier spot. Maybe that'll help." I scooped her up bridal-style and carried her back to where we'd left our things. As I set her down on the towel, I noticed the fatigue in her eyes.

"You know, I think it's time we headed home. You've had enough of the beach for one day." She nodded in agreement, her face still drawn with weariness. I gathered our things and helped her into her shoes.

She kissed my hand and I smiled, feeling a twinge of guilt for dragging her out so early. "Okay, let's go home. But promise me we'll come back soon, just the two of us, and spend some quiet time together." I promised her with a wink, knowing that she needed this time just as much as I did.

"Love ya," she said with a yawn, leaning into me. "I think I could sleep for a thousand years right now." As we walked back to the car, I took her hand in mine, our fingers intertwined. The warmth of her skin against mine felt so right, so comforting. It was like we were two puzzle pieces that had finally found their perfect fit.

TO ᗷE ᑕOᑎTIᑎᑌEᗪ