22 - Against all odds

First Person Point View.

"Let's start." Hugo signaled his hand and showed me the laptop he is using right now. They all waited for me to calm down. Tahimik kaming lahat na nagaabang ng mga mapaguusapan sa meeting na ito.

In my many years of life, this is the second time that I have been around with just men. The first was yesterday with them as well, too. I guess I wasn't just too comfortable with them kasi nga lalaki sila.

"I am not sure, but I think you had an encounter with someone that's related to Lucy back in Aurora."

Tumingin ang apat sa akin nang sabay sabay habang nagiisip ako sa kung anong itinutukoy ni Hugo. Oh! I remember! "Her house?"

I asked since I don't want to be so sure maybe there's another thing I am not knowledgeable of.

"Yes, madam." Ajax moved closer to give me an envelope about the details of her home.

"Miss, nilalaman niyan ang lahat kung saan ang possible nanggaling si Lucy. Kaso ngayon ginigiba na ang bahay kaya medyo mahirap na halukayin, pero babalikan ka namin sa ibang detalye." He continued while putting a lot of papers in the tables.

Finding the truth feels liberating. A lot of years have passed, all the cravings for freedom escaped in my body. This scene was all I wanted. I just wanted to understand how did this happened to my family.

I nodded and opened the envelope. May mga litrato ng bahay na iyon, at ibang ibang tao. There were paragraphs of information that I could not get that's the reason why Hugo and his team are here.

"The first one is we received a command from Lucy that we need to find the secret funds, and based on our research this is the combined funds of your parents for their charitable activities. Good news is that Lucy did not locate it. How true is this, Miss?" Kiel explained to me.

I nodded and sighed for relief. "That's good, I think iyong impormasyon na iyon ay tama. Please respect the privacy of my parents here, at wala kayo dapat ipagalala becuase this secret will die in me." I comfortably told them.

They are just silent, and nodded. My parent's funds are private, and I am happy Lucy did not touched it. Not even an ounce of it. Ito ang palagi niyang tinatanong sa akin noon, and I was able to survive her raging questions for me.

"Nalaman namin base sa kuwento ni Lucy, si Sir Zachareous ay anak siya sa labas. Pinabayaan daw sila nito, kaya nandito siya para kunin ang lahat ng mga bagay na mapupunta sa'yo." Seth proceeded to explain the next details.

Parang may echo na malakas sa tenga ko nang marinig ko iyon. Is she my sister? That question sent loud beats from my heart. I don't want to be part of anything about her. 

This is the sad reality of knowing the truth, sometimes you don't like it but you have to accept.

Hugo held my hand tightly like it was an assurance that he could stop if I wanted to. I respectfully shook my head, and he nodded at me.

"Then, why would she marry my dad?"

"Miss, according to her, he would do any kind of ways to get him agreed to give her all your family's properties without letting him know her true identity to Mr. Zachareous." Kiel replied to me.

Pinigilan ko ang sarili ko mapunit ang papel na nasa harap ko. All of this just because of her greed for money? Bakit hindi niya nalang ako kinausap nang maayos? I would have welcomed her joyfully as her sister back then. Instead, what she did was crucify all of us!

Breathe deeply, Chiara. You need to get your act together. 

"Where is her mom? Kaano ano siya ni daddy?" I have a lot of questions. I need answers. All of it.