25 - Favored outcomes

First Person Point of View.

"Let all that you do be done in love. - 1 Corinthians 16:14"

I touched the engraved phrase of my mom's tomb. I was the one who decided to put these words on her tomb. Her favorite bible verse.

As my tears were still laying quite a long time in my eyes down to my face, I was suddenly reminded of how mother used to tell me that love conquers all. I know I have heard this to a lot of people, but even before I knew this thought, it was first sow by my mom to the roots of my mind.

She was the best woman I knew. A  warm and loving one. Despite her issues with her heart, it did not cause her to give up love.

"I miss you so..." With shaking hands, I can also feel the rough ground on my knees. "...much."

Kitang kita ko ang family picture namin, at ang mga solo pictures namin with our mommy. This is my family. This is mine.

Nakaluhod na sa gilid ko si Hugo, at inaalalayan ako habang nanlulumo sa pagkamiss sa aking ina. Wala naman akong pinangarap kung hindi ang makasama ang pamilya ko nang matagal. She was so loyal to us, and I was too. No, until now. Kahit parang kalaban ko na ang mundo, I was still loyal to my family. Sila lang naman ang meron ako.

"Chiara dear...I don't want to cut off the bonding with your mom, but we have to go."

Sumilip ako sa maliit kong orasan, halos isang oras din akong umiiyak dito sa harap ni mommy. Tumango ako nang hindi tinitignan ang auntie ko. Hugo was still giving me tissues for my breakdowns.

I pray that the heavens will be kind to our family. Mommy, please guide us. Thank you. I miss you.

Inalalayan ako ni Hugo, at halos matumba ako sa sobrang tagal kong nakaluhod. Sinubukan kong tumayo pero medyo masakit talaga ang legs ko. He looks bothered in front of me.

I sighed, "I'm sorry. Let's try again."

Umiling siya, at hindi niya pinansin ang sinabi ko. Muntik na ako mapasigaw sa ginawa niya! Bigla kasi akong naangat dahil binuhat niya ako!

My aunt and his team looked surprised, too. But no one said anything. Instead, they gave me a way so I could sit properly. I couldn't think proper kasi parang lumulutang lang ang utak ko ngayon. I am too weak after crying a lot.

The trip back to our home was fast, and when I was brought back to reality, I was now sitting in my auntie's living area.

"How are you feeling now, Iha?" Auntie was busy fanning herself. Inutusan niya rin kanina ang mga maids na magbigay ng chamomile tea so I can calm down.

We are both left with Hugo, and he is standing right beside me. Maybe because he respects my auntie so much, and doesn't know anything about us.

"I am well, po." Tinulungan ako ni Hugo na punasan ang tuhod ko, pati ang kamay ko. He gave me water without him speaking directly to me. Ang team ni Hugo ay nagpaalam na muna dahil may kailangan lang gawin. Auntie allowed Hugo to stay. But, I don't know. I feel like she is up to something.

"Good. Now, I want to ask what the commotion was about?"

I looked at her with my confused expression.

"Hugo, please sit down beside my dearest."

Tumango lamang ito at gimilid sa akin para umupo.

"Do you have something that you want to tell me?"

Parang nabuhay ang dugo ko sa narinig. My heart was beating so fast that I could not speak about what she was asking. Naintindihan ko na ano ang mga tingin niya sa akin. Oh my gosh, auntie is not kind with these.