05 - Testing the waters

First Person Point of View

Nasa harap na kami ng pintuan ngayon. I saw the ends of the dress I am wearing right now. The first time I used a sundress after many years of hell. My mind is such a kill joy because I don't think I deserve little bit of this. This thought made my heart beat fast, and kinakabahan ako...'Wag nalang kaya? Isa pa nahihiya ako sakan'ya kanina.

Nagulat ako dahil bigla siyang humawak sa kamay ko. His touch again. It was magnetizing for me, and like a tonic for peace. "Don't worry too much. I am here with you." 

I breathed in so much air while I slowly nod at him.

"Thank you..." Finally. The first time I spoke a word. I saw him take a longer time to glance at me. His eyes is speaking tons of words that I cannot hear. He never replied. Instead, his hand held more my hand firmly and we went out.

The chilvalry in his whole being is perfectly existing, and I never felt like this ever before. Naiingatan ako dahil nalalaman na may kaya kami. Money was always the reason I am a princess in each individual's eyes. Inalalayan niya ako papasok sa kotse, and I did not even have to ask he just put on my seatbelts for me. 

I am not an assuming person, but he makes my mind think alot of possibilities, but this is not the best time to think about this too much. I looked at him while he looks manly maneuvering the stirring wheel of the car he is driving. When he threw a glance at me, I turned my head from the window. Ayoko na nga muna siyang tingnan maybe it's weird.

The scenery here has a lot of beautiful landmarks. The beauty of each houses showed with a lot of buildings while the car is taking its time to check each view. I think he is intentionally doing this so I can see and explore the place.

The people in the area are also busy with their own lives. Sa laki ng mundo marami tayong problema, pero iba't ibang paraan natin ito hinahandle.

"We are here." Lumingon ako sakan'ya, at pinanood siyang tanggalin ang seat belt niya. Saglit lang ang naging byahe namin sa pupuntahan, and it seems he knows the place. I think he goes here regularly judging from the things he has in his house.

He never initiated any conversation after I spoke to him, though.

He did his usual things, and I feel like this is a date if from a perspective of being a normal people going out together.

The view outside made me excited. The euphoria I feel is something that is very familiar to me, and I miss it to bits! Now that I am looking at it personally I feel happy to witness it before my eyes.

Nagulat ako dahil bigla niyang hinawakan ang kamay ko ulit. Our eyes met. A little smile forms on his lips, and I couldn't control the urge to smile at him too. Tahimik ang paligid, at konti lang ang mga tao. By the looks of this place it is a museum. The artworks are very aesthetically pleasing. His idea is amazing!

It is a very old looking place, but it has a great view. He was just simply holding my hands earlier, but now it is intertwined with my hands. I think we did it naturally. 

"Bueno! (Good)" A guy with a classic polaroid showed on the front of us! He took us a picture!

"That was a good shot! Only for 5 euros!" Nagkatinginan ulit kami sabay umiling siya at nag-abot ng pera. Nakita ko ang picture. This is so cheesy! Mukha kaming couple dahil magkahawak pa kami ng kamay.

"Can you make another copy?" Hindi ko naman inasahan ang tanong niya. I don't know he is into this. This activity feels intimate for me, and not in the negative way. 

"Gracias! (Thank you!)" The photographer thanked us happily. Dinala niya kasi kami sa maliit na studio, and proceeded to scan the picture he got us earlier. I was silent the whole time, and him too. I think there is a unwritten rule that we understand each silence and enjoy our presence.