Chapter 1 - The news

You know when your sleeping, you already know that it's dark in your room, even though your eyes are closed, then a light shines before your eyes which you know is the sunshine. You want it to go away but that didn't happen for me.

I groan while I grab my turtle pillow and put it over my head.
"Wake up" the deep voice says in sing - song voice.
I groan again.
"Go way" I manage to say but even then the words come out muffled.
"Come on baby sis, you need to wake up" he shakes me gently.
"I no wanna" I mumble.
"Don't make me pick you up. You're already getting heavy"
"Shut up" I say then turn away from him. I hear him sigh. There's no sound after a while so I think he's gone. A smile creeps onto my face as I try and go back to sleep.
"Oof" I groan as a heavy weight jumps on me weighing me down further into the bed.
"Wake up. Wake up. Wake up" he says jumping on me.
"I'm up" I struggle to say since he is stopping my breathing. As if understanding my trouble he gets up and sits on the end of my double sized bed.

I groggily sit up, my eyes still closed, I run a hand through my hair and stretch.
I whisper the morning dwua to myself and open my eyes. I see a pair of green eyes staring at me.

I smile "morning"
He grins "good morning. Come on, out of bed. We need to go meet Farhan for lunch"
"But it's morning" I whine
"Not for the rest of the world baby sis, it's 11 which means you need to eat breakfast and get ready in time for 1"
"That won't take long. Lemme go to sleep for a bit more" I say as I fall back so my head is back on my pillow.
"No. Come on, get up" he says. He grabs my hands and pulls me up then walks out of my room.

I sigh then get out of bed. When I go to bed I don't exactly dress how I should but no one sees me in my bed clothes so it doesn't matter. I put my silk long gown on top of my bed shorts and T-shirt then I grab my hair and tie it into a high bun. I walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth and other business I have to do.

The smell of pancakes fills the air so I take no time in running downstairs to the kitchen.
"I knew that would get you down" my brother says laughing at me.
I grin "Yepp" I say popping the 'p'
He hands me a plate and I dig in after saying the eating dwua. I can feel his stare on me so I look up.

"I er need to tell you something baby sis. But I'm not sure how going to take it"
I put my fork down once I'm done and pay full attention to him. Instead of telling me he glances at his watch and looks at me with wide eyes.
"It's 12. How did the time go so quick. Hurry up and get ready. You know Farhan hates it when we're late"
I raise my eyebrows in shock and run upstairs. Crap, if I'm late then Farhan bhiya (brother) is going to kill me.

I quickly go into the shower as I'm regretting not doing a shower last night. Once I'm done I walk to my closet and pick out what I'm going to wear. I get out some leggings, a plain white top with a baggy netted T-shirt and a navy blue long skirt. I pair all this with my navy blue patterned scarf.
I quickly get changed and match my outfit with some bracelets. I'm just pinning my scarf in place.
"Innnuuu" my brother shouts
"Commiiiiing" I reply in the same tone.
After putting on some eyeliner on my waterline and some lip balm I go downstairs.

"So. Farhan said that we're having lunch with him and Aunty so we are going to their house"
"Ok"
I put my shades on since it's very sunny and get into the car. 15 minutes later we arrive at Farhan bhiyas house.

"Innuuu" Aunty squeals as I get out of the car. I take my shades off and give her a big hug.
"Auntyy"
"Oh. I can't wait for you to eat. You've gone so thin. How are you going to find a husband in this state?"
"First you need to think about Farhan bhiya and then borobhiya (big brother) and then maybe you can think about me" I joke.
"Alright then. Come in both of you"

"Innniii" Farhan bhiya shouts
"Fariiiiiii" I say in the same tone ask running to him and engulfing him in a big hug.

Farhan bhiya isn't my real brother. In fact we're not even related. He's Faheem bhiya's best friend and they're super close so when I came to live with him I met Farhan bhiya. Needless to say he helped me a lot and he always makes me laugh. He treats me like his little sister just like borobhiya (Faheem)