Chapter 7 - Day with Amir, Zachy, and Saj

When I wake up in the morning it's 11:30.
How did I wake up so late. No one woke me.
I have a quick shower and get changed. I'm just looking in the mirror at myself, checking if my hijab is on right. Once I'm done I go downstairs but to find no one in the house.
So I'm all alone... Yay (note the sarcasm)
I have no one to talk to so instead I start tidying up. I'm in the kitchen organising the cupboards when I hear someone come in.
"Hellooo... Zak?"
I frown. That's not Amir.

I walk to the door and see that it's Noah.
"Oh, hello"
"Hi" I say uncertaintly
"Where's Zak?"
"I don't know. No one's home"
"Oh"
I'm desperate for him to leave. This isn't right.
"D-Do you need erm any company" he stammers.
"Sorry Noah but you can't. It's not right for men and women to be alone together"
He goes red. I think from embarrassment. Aw man, I didn't want him to feel bad.
"S-Sorry. I didn't know"
"It's fine, I didn't want you to feel bad but I had to say it"
"I'll just be going"
I smile.
"Bye Noah"
"Bye" he says sadly.

The first time I met Noah to now is very different. The first time he was funny and he looked caring but now he's like shy. It's like two different people.
"BOO!"
I scream loudly and turn around to see Zachy, Amir and Saj laughing at me.
I glare at them all and fold my arms.
"That's wasn't nice!" I say angrily but they continue laughing.

They weren't even looking at me when they were laughing so they didn't see me get a jug of water. I sneak up behind them and splash the water above their heads. It was harder for me to reach Zachy's head but I did get him.
They all scream and turn towards me. I put the jug away on the counter and look at them innocently.

"Innayah!" They all shout.
"What" I say as if I haven't done anything.
They start walking towards me and I smirk
"You can't get me back" they look at me confused.
"Amir and Zachy, you guys aren't allowed to touch me and Saj my dear, you are pregnant and you can't chase me if I run" I wiggle my eyebrows.
"That doesn't mean we can't do this... Now Zak" Saj says.
Before I know it a whole jug of water is thrown over me.
Soon enough all four of us were having a water fight right in the kitchen.
"Ya'Allah what happend in here" we hear.
"We're dead" I whisper.

"You four are grown adults" Aunty says.
After she saw the water all over the floor, counter and pretty much everywhere, she had us all clean it up and ourselves. Now she's scolding us while we are sat on the sofa. It's mainly in Bengali and I have to say, for me, there is nothing more scary than an angry Bengali women shouting at you.

"Amma we cleaned it up" Zachy tries to say
"Shut up. You messed up my house obviously you would've cleaned it up"
I know she's being unreasonable and I think I know why. It's a small thing that we did but because of her situation she just needs something to shout at. If only the guys would understand, it's best if we just let her say what she wants to.

After what seems like ages she leaves the room. Me and Saj share a knowing look, she'll be back saying sorry to us in a while.
"Wow, I've never seen her get so angry over such a small thing" Amir says Saj whispers something his ear.
"Oh"
"What, I wanna know"
"It's big people talk Zachy. You wouldn't understand"
"I'm the same age as you. In fact I'm older than you"
I chuckle along with Amir and Saj.
"Yeah but I'm more mature"
"No you're not. You're childish"
I gasp.
"Am not"
"Are too"
I raise my eyebrows
"Now look who's being childish"
He glares at me.
"You know, you glare at me a lot"
"You annoy me a lot"
"True" I agree.
"Can I know now?"
"Zachy, trust me. You don't want to know" I warn
"Amir, bro. Tell me"
"Alright"
He whispers in his ear.
"Ohh" he says then he makes a face.
"I didn't want to know that"
"No don't listen to me" I say sarcastically.
"Be quiet"
I stick my tongue out at him which makes him do it back.