Chapter 21 - An unexpected gift

Mum was over at her sister's place for a couple of months to help with some wedding preparations. Me and Zachy had the house to ourselves.

He was still asleep so I went downstairs to make breakfast. He comes down looking fresh, he smiles at me and kisses me before eating. The doorbell rings and I go to answer it. My eyes widen at the ground.

"Zachy!" I shout.
"Yeah"
"Come here"
He walks to me and yelps.
"Why's that HERE?"
"I don't know"
I pick it up and pick the note.

He's lonely and homeless, please take care of him. Your unexpected gift.

I show him the note and he shakes his head.
"No, it's not allowed"
"But it's so cute" I pout.
"It's not allowed" he protests.
I pick up the pup in my arms and cuddle it. Aww, he's adorable. I've always had a love for small animals. He gives a small bark which makes me chuckle.
"Innayah!" Zachy says sternly.
"Oh come on. Just until we find him a home" I plead.
He looks at me and I pout and then at the pup.
"Fine, but you're keeping it away from me"
"Aww, is Zachy scared of dogs?" I tease. He flicks me on my head and walks to the kitchen.
I laugh as I play with the small puppy.

I take him into the guest room downstairs to play with him. He barks excitedly as he jumps about. He needs a name. Hmmm, how about Junior. That's pretty cool.
"Junior" I smile. I pick him up in my arms.
"I hereby name you, Junior"
He barks as if to agree which makes me laugh. I take him to the kitchen where Zachy and Borobhiya are sitting. Borobhiya screams which makes Zachy jump up.
"You have a dog. What the hell?" He shouts.
"Hey, calm down. You're scaring him" I nag.
"I'm scaring him! He's scaring me!" He shouts.
"It's little puppy" I say in defense.
"Why is it here?"
"Someone left it at our doorstep, we're just keeping it until we find a home for him"
"How do you know it's a him?"
"Because, I do. Anyways, he's name is Junior" I say happily. He barks which makes Borobhiya and Zachy flinch.

"Come on Faheem, we're looking for a home for the guy" Zachy says as they walk out.
"They're just jealous" I say to Junior.
Me and Junior are like the best couple ever. I've taught him some neat tricks, he knows how to roll over, sit and give a high five. Simple tricks but he looks so cute doing it.
I go upstairs to read wudhu and start reading Zuhr prayer, instead of running about and being hyper like he usually is, he was quiet and still letting me read. Once I was done he ran to me and sat on my lap. Wow, he gets attached easily.

"Come on, Junior. Lets go for a walk" I say and he barks in response.
I take him to the park where he starts running. Luckily I grabbed a ball before I left the house so we started playing fetch. I sit on the bench while I wait for him to get the ball back. He hasn't came in a while. I get up to walk in the same direction as him.
"Junior, there you ar-" I notice he's with another dog.
"I see you've made a friend" and he barks at me.
I bend down so I'm almost at his level.
"Junior we need to go, Zachy will get mad at me"
He barks as if to say no. I know its stupid to think that I can understand him but somehow I can. "Junior come on, don't be stubborn"
He barks more than twice.

"Princess" I hear but ignore it.
"Junior, I'm going to get in trouble because of you"
"Princess" I hear again the other dog barks.
"Oh there you are" a guy comes behind me and smiles.
I smile nervously.
"You trying to steal my dog?" He asks jokingly.
"Not exactly, trying to get my dog go come home"
He kneels next to me but I make sure there's a distance.
"So I'm guessing they're friends now"
"Yep, but I need to go home and Junior is being stubborn" I say more to Junior than the guy.
"Well, I'm Jason" he holds his hand out.
"I'm Innayah, sorry I can't exactly shake your hand because of religious reasons"
"Why not?" He asks.
"I'm married, and I'm only allowed to touch my husband"
"Ah, I get it. I would expect it of my wife too, you know. Not touching other men"
I smile but at the ground.
"Junior. I'm going go leave without you if you don't come" I get up and start to walking. It's only after two steps that he starts barking and running after me. I laugh as I pick him up.
"High five?" I hold my hand up and he meets it with his paw. We walk back home and I'm meeting with Zachy.
"Where did you go?"
"To the park with Junior" I smile.
He kisses my cheek as he wraps his arms around me.
"Well, you can't give all the attention to the dog"
"Really? And who should I give my attention to"
"Me" he says huskily. He gently kisses me but it's interrupted by Junior barking. I laugh as Zachy sighs.
"Come on Junior, its time for you to eat. Wait what do you feed a dog?" I ask Zachy, he shrugs and walks to the kitchen. I pick up Junior and follow him.
"Here, I got some dog food when we went out"
I grin and kiss his cheek.
"Thank you"
I put some dog food in a bowl then read wudhu to read Asr prayer.

Zachy is annoyed right now. And it's because if Junior. Maybe a little bit of me as well. Basically, after Isha I went to bed but after putting junior on the sofa in our room. Zachy came in and just as we were about to fall asleep he came and jumped on Zachy, he settled right next to his leg which made him annoyed so I moved him back on the sofa. That didn't work because he dis the same thing but moved in between me and him. Then I moved him again but then he went and snuggled right next to Zachy. Zachy glares at me and stormed out of the room.

I sighed loudly.
"Junior, you made Zachy angry" I whine. He whines too.
"Go to sleep" I say. I'm stroking his fur putting him to sleep then I carried him to the sofa. I went out of the room to find Zachy but I didn't find him in the kitchen, I checked the living room, not there. I went to the guest room and he was there, sleeping on the bed without a blanket. This guy! He's going to get a cold. The guest room hasn't been done yet which is why only the bed is there.

I went to the storage room and got a blanket and put it over Zachy. I kiss his forehead gently and sit next to him. After stroking his face with a small smile I kiss his cheek and get up to go to bed.

****

The next couple of days went with me playing with Junior, we've gotten really close over the days and I love him. He's so cute.
"Innu!" Zachy shouts. I rush downstairs to see that he's holding his shoes. The shoes look a horrendous state.
"Erm" I start.
"Don't even" he points at me. "You said we're keeping the mutt only until we find him a home"
"Yeah I know. I haven't found one yet"
"How do you even stay with him. He's ruined my clothes, my sleep and my shoes. I want him out. I've found him a house and he's leaving!"
I look at him in shock.
"Wha- Noo" I whine.
"Yes. Now go pack his things and get him down"
"Bu-"
"Now!"
I stick my tongue out at him and storm upstairs. I sigh once I get to my room. Junior runs to me and I stroke his fur.
"I like you, and I know you like me. But Zachy is getting the problems here. Why can't you just leave him alone. Everything will be fine then" I say to him. He whines.
"I'm sorry, but you have to go"

I get up and get rid of his things. It's not like the new family will be keeping them. I spend the rest of the day playing with Junior and ignoring Zachy.