Chapter 24 - sickness and faint

"Zachy, I'm telling you. You're wrong, that's not how you do it!"
"Innu, I'm telling you. You're wrong, it says it in the recipe"
It mine and Zachy's day off today so we thought we'd bake together. It's easy to say it's not going right.
We're trying to make doughnuts, key word, trying. I've been feeling sick and dizzy all day today but I haven't told him, I know he'd just worry unnecessarily. This has been happening for some days though, every morning after eating I would be sick so to avoid that happening today I didn't eat breakfast.

"I'm pretty sure you glaze it after you bake it. It's common sense"
"Well that's not what it says here" he says showing me his phone.
I snatch his phone and put it down without even looking at it.
"Zachy use your brain. If you glaze it now then it will melt into the doughnuts. You're supposed to do it after it's baked and cooled"
Zachy sighs. I know he knows he's wrong because of the sheepish look on his face.
"I was only following the recipe" he pouts. I pinch his cheek and laugh.
"You look so cute when you're like that"
He swatts my hands away and puts the doughnuts into the oven to bake.

"What shall we do while we wait?" He says mischieviously.
"Well-" I can't even finish my sentence because I'm running to the bathroom. Zachy follows me and questions like mad. But I can't answer because everything goes dark.

****

Zachy's POV

She's fainted. Ah Crap she fainted. I carry her in my arms and lay her on the bed. I grab my phone.
"I need you here right now" I say to my family doctor.
Less than 20 minutes he's here. I've taken the doughnuts out and glazed them so she'd like it.
The doctor comes downstairs.
"What happend? Is she okay? Why did she faint?"
"Calm down Zakariya" he laughs.
"You're wife is fine Alhamdulillah. She's pregnant. Three weeks. The reason she fainted was because her body was weak after the vomitting.and because she lacked food"
I stare at him with my mouth hanging. She's pregnant. Once I realise exactly what's happening I laugh.
"She's pregnant" I hug the doctor and lead him outside.

This news has to be told in a special way. I internally smirk. Right now I need to make sure she's ok. After taking a few of the doughnuts on a plate, I walk to her room. She's sleeping on the bed. Slowly I take the scarf off her head and kiss her forehead.
"Innu" I shake her gently. She stirs but doesn't wake up. An idea lights up inside me. I lean in gently pressing my lips against hers. I hear her gasp but then relax.
"Why wake me up like that?"
"Let's see, first time I wasn't called a monster and I really loved it" I smirk making her blush.
"Here I glazed the doughnuts" I give her the plate.
"Aww, it looks amazing" she grins as I pick one and feed it to her.
She smiles and gives me a thumbs up.
"So, what happend. Why did I faint?" She asks me.
"Oh, it was because your body was weak after you were sick"
"So everything is ok?"
"Everything is perfect. Alhamdulillah" I smile as I kiss her forehead again.