Chapter 15 - Stupid

Me and my brothers are leaving now and I still haven't talked to Zachy. When I came down I felt his eyes on me but I ignored it. It's easy if I ignore him, it's easy to get over this silly thing I have. Of course I've prayed and read my prayers to help me figure out what it is because I, myself, am confused as to what it is.

"Bye Innu" I hear only three of them say. Of course he wouldn't say it.
I get into the back seat because Farhan bhiya is coming home with us. Mum and Dad want to see him since they haven't in a really long time.

I go straight to my room and unpack, not that I wanted to but I really can't be asked to face anyone. Ever since Saj found out I keep thinking that everyone else knows.

Mum comes in my room while I'm putting my clothes in the laundry basket.
"Is everything ok?" She asks
I nod.
"Sure?"
I nod
"Because I called Saj"
I look up and she smirks.
"She told me"
"She what!"
"She told me"
"She said she wouldn't. That baeman (liar). Amma I swear, I can get over it"
"I don't think you can"
"I can. It's only a little crush"
"A crush!" She says with raised eyebrows.
Something tells me that she was lying before. "You didn't know did you"
She shakes her head and that's how I ended up telling her everything.
She squeals like a teenager once I'm done.
"I can't believe this!"
"Don't tell Abba. He can't know"
"Ok ok"
I sigh out of relief. I hope no one else finds out.

After unpacking I read my namaz. I read Istikhara to help me with my problem then went downstairs to eat.

***

I'm not in the mood today. After reading my Zuhr prayer I go to my Dad's office and pick out a book to read. I sit down on his sofa while he works at his desk. After I read Istikhara I found an answer that I'm scared of. I don't think my problem will fade away, I think it will stay. It's the feeling I have.

Mum calls dad and he walks out. A while later mum comes rushing in.
"Come on, Innayah we have to go"
"What? What happened"
"There's some guests downstairs and you have to get ready"
"Why do I have to get ready. There not here to see me"
"Just come on"

She picks out my outfit even though I just got ready and forces me to get changed. She even made me wear makeup! Like, mum. Calm down. Luckily I just wore some eyeliner and lipbalm.
"Alright. Are you ready" she says.
"Are you ready?" I say "you've fixed your scarf at least 4 times"
"Shut up and come on"
I sigh, these guests better be important.

I go downstairs and am surprised.
"I can't believe this. How are you guys here?" I say
"Well we have some news"
"Everything ok?" I say as I sit down
"Yeah"
"You know mum made me get all ready, I mean I was already changed but she made me get ready again"
Everyone laughs even though I was being serious.
"What's the news?" I ask
"We need to wait for Zak to come" Saj says
"Where is he?" I try and say normally despite the butterflies that are invading my stomach.
"He's out with Faheem and Farhan"
I nod.
We wait for half an hour and they're still not back. An hour goes and they're finally here.
"Ok so the news?" I say eagerly.
"I don't want her to know yet" Borobhiya says. I frown at him.
"Why not? I've been waiting an hour" I whine.
"Trust me baby sis now is not the time"
"But-"
"Inni" Farhan bhiya interrupts me he shakes his head and I sigh.

Everyone talks normally except me and Zachy. The awkward tension is too much.
"Z-Zachy I want to talk to you"
Urgh, now I talked first, I rarely do that. Call it weird or stupid but it's like a competition with me to see who caves first. He nods and we walk upstairs to my room with Saj.

At first it's quiet none of us break the silence.
"Why did you want to talk?" He says without looking at me.
"Well, before I left we weren't talking to each other and now your family is here to tell me some news that I will probably never know" I say glaring at Saj but she just shrugs and smiles cheekily.
"I'm sorry" Zachy says although I'm not sure for what.
"I'm sorry for arguing with you, it was over nothing and I didn't mean to hurt you" he says.
I smile admiringly at him, he looks really cute when he's saying sorry.
Innayah! Lower your gaze!
Right sorry.