Chapter 22 - A baby girl

We are rushing right now. I already gave Junior to his new home which ended up in a few sad feelings. He didn't want to leave me, like I couldn't even get out of the door without it coming after me. Eventually, the owner had to carry him and take him to another room so me and Zachy could sneak out. Once we went home I was so slumped Zachy decided to make me brownies. They were delicious but I couldn't finish them because Amir called Zachy and told him Saj is in the hospital. Now we are late.
"We're late, we're so late. Saj has already given birth to her baby girl and I'm going to miss seeing it. By the time I come she's going to be asleep and she won't see her aunt and then Saj will tell me to go because she needs rest. And then I won't even know the name, and and-"
"Innayah! Shut up" Zachy says. I glare at him and shove him slightly. "Listen you, it's because of you that we're late"
"How?"
"You started to-" I stop myself, ok maybe things went a little out of hand and the atmosphere got a little heated. He smirks at me which makes me glare at him again.

We arrive at the hospital and I run to the room. Saj is holding the baby with Amir sat next to her holding her hand. Mum is sat on the small sofa admiring them.

"Awww" I say which makes everyone look at us.
"Guys, meet Sarah" Amir says. I walk to the baby.
"Masha Allah" I say. Saj gives me the baby and I hold it. Cradling it in my arms. Zachy comes behind me, one of his arm is around me and the other is on the baby.

"We should get kids soon" he whispers which makes me blush furiously. I gulp quietly, I do want kids I'm just scared of being a bad mum.
"She's so beautiful Allahummah barik laha" I say ignoring Zachy.
Her eyes are hazel and she has a cute button nose, her small lips just make me want to kiss them. She makes small noises which makes me laugh at her.

***
Zachy's POV

She looks exactly like a mother right now. Sarah is in her arms and she's talking to the baby.
"So, when is it your turn Innu" mum says making her blush. Everyone laughs at her shy away. Amir nudges me and wiggles his eyebrows.
"Shut up" I say. I do want kids. A lot, I'm really eager to have them and I know Innu wants them too. It's up to Allah swt whether we get them or not.

Innayah puts the baby in the cot and talks to Saj. They talk endlessly about the baby and things while me and Amir and mum talk.
When we got back home I read Magrib prayer and then went downstairs to meet Innayah. She had a thoughtful look on her face.
I crept up behind her and shook her. She jumped up and and grabbed me making me burst out in laughter.

"How many times have I told you? Stop scaring me!" She says exasperately. I grin and captivate my lips on hers.
She melts immediately and wraps her arms around my neck. I smile into the kiss, Alhamdulillah for this life.

"I love you for the sake of Allah" I say to her. She smiles making the same gleam in her eye appear.
"I love you for the sake of Allah too" we eat dinner while feeding each other then get up to read Isha.

"Zachy" Innayah says quietly after we've finished reading.
"Yes love" I kiss her cheek.
"I erm, want to tell you something"
"Go on"
"Well I want to ask you something"
I nod.
"Can we get a pet. Like a kitten" she says.
"No" I immediately say. I don't like dogs but I hate cats. Absolutely hate them.
"But why" she whines. Sometimes it's hard to believe she's married.
"Because I don't like cats"
"Oh yeah I remember. When we were little you used to scream and run inside everytime you saw a cat" she chuckles. I glare at her playfully and start to tickle her.
"Ok, ok. I won't make fun of you. Just don't tickle me"
"Cool" I say and I kiss her forhead. I feel her shiver next to me which makes me smirk.

"Just to be clear. Once we have kids Insha Allah you won't want a pet" I smirk as I wrap my arms around her and snuggle into a deep sleep.
Before closing my eyes I hear a soft "Insha Allah" making me sleep with a small smile on my face.

****

I get up to get ready for work and I don't see Innayah. After a quick shower I get changed and go downstairs where she's making breakfast. Sneakily I creep up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist.
She jumps up at first but relaxes once she knows it's me. She turns around and I kiss her passionately. Nice way to start the morning... No it's actually better. After eating breakfast together we both leave to go to our own work.

Once work is over Noah and Maya came over to our house. I was waiting for Innayah to come so we could go to see Saj. Me and Noah were talking while Maya was drawing next to us.
The door opened and in came my wife.
"Zachy, we need to go to Saj's house" she says as she came in. She ignores me and runs to Maya. They hug for ages, then start talking endlessly.
"I told you" Noah says.
"Ok, Maya. I need to go get ready and then we can go see Saj's baby"
"Ok. Be quick!" She says and Innayah runs upstairs.

Innayah comes down and we leave to go to Saj's house. Almost everyone was there. Innayah was talking with Saj, mum and my mother-in-law. She catches my eye and winks making me smile and shake my head at her.

She gets up to go to the kitchen and I follow.
I see her getting a glass of water.
"I want a glass too" I say as I wrap my arms around her waist.
"Alright" she gets another glass but I take the first one and drink it.
"That was mine" she says
I smile sheepishly.
"I know"

"Gosh, get a room!" We hear making us turn to see a smirking Saj.
From the corner of my eye I see Innayah blush deeply.
"This is a room" I argue.
"A private room I mean" Saj grins as she walks towards us.
"I mean, I know you want to beat me because I've already got a baby and you want one too but geez guys, not in public. Astagfirullah" she shakes her head but makes the teasing smile visible.
I look at Innayah who's more red than ever.
"Well it's not my fault if I want to stay with my wife. It's not our fault that we want kids as well" I say.
Me and Saj have a challenging stare down before bursting out in laughter.
Innayah shakes her head.
"We were just hugging" she says shyly and goes out of the room making me and Saj laugh even more.

Once we went home me and Innayah read Isha prayer then went into bed to sleep.