Chapter 9: Cunning Slytherins

Celestia Malfoy and Harry Potter had come to an unspoken agreement that their encounters will be kept secret and will be forgotten as if it had never happened, it pained her but she knew it was for the best.

Everything was going back to normal, Theodore Nott has started dating Pansy Parkinson causing a commotion at Slytherin common room in between Daphne and Theodore. Celestia had to physically drag her friend away.

Celestia was chatting with Daphne, in the class of Care of Magical Creatures, when he heard - "What d'you mean, 'we all hate Hagrid'?" Potter spat at Draco. Celestia was standing a few steps besides him, "What's this rubbish about him" - he pointed at Crabbe - "getting a bad bite off a flobberworm? They haven't even got teeth!"

Crabbe was sniggering, apparently very pleased with himself. Celestia realised he must be talking about the article about hagrid being a half giant.

"Well, I think this should put an end to the oaf's teaching career," said Draco, his eyes glinting. "Half-giant...and there was me thinking he'd just swallowed a bottle of Skele-Gro when he was young....None of the mummies and daddies are going to like this at all....They'll be worried he'll eat their kids, ha, ha...."

"You -".

"Are you paying attention over there?"

Professor Grubbly-Planks voice carried over to the boys; celestia joined the girls who were all clustered around the unicorn now, stroking it.

In the dimly lit common room of Slytherin House, Celestia Malfoy lounged on a velvet chaise lounge, surrounded by her fellow Slytherins. The air was thick with the scent of smoldering embers and the sound of muffled laughter filled the room as they lounged lazily, reveling in their shared camaraderie.

Seated across from her, Pansy Parkinson smirked, her dark eyes gleaming with mischief. "So, Celestia," she drawled, "heard you've been dodging Potter like a Bludger on the Quidditch pitch."

Celestia arched an eyebrow, a smirk curling her lips. "Please, Pansy," she retorted, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "Potter's about as appealing as a Niffler in a jewelry shop."

Pansy chuckled, leaning back in her chair. "That's what I like to hear," she said, raising her glass in a mock toast. "To the power of Slytherin superiority!"

The other Slytherins joined in the toast, their laughter ringing out like the tolling of a bell. But just as Celestia settled back into the comfort of her surroundings, an unexpected interruption shattered the tranquility of the moment.

"Mind if I join you?"

The voice belonged to none other than Theodore Nott, standing in the doorway with a sly grin on his face. Celestia's lips twitched with amusement at the sight of him, but before she could respond, Pansy spoke up with a mischievous glint in her eye.

"Of course, Theo," she said, gesturing to an empty seat beside Celestia. "We were just discussing our latest conquests in the art of Slytherin cunning. Care to join us?"

Theo sauntered over and took a seat, his eyes alight with mischief. "I wouldn't miss it for the world," he said, casting a knowing glance at Celestia.

As the conversation resumed, Celestia found herself drawn into a lively debate with her fellow Slytherins, their banter filled with sharp wit and biting humor. But no matter how hard she tried to focus on the discussion at hand, Theo seemed determined to catch her attention.

"So, Celestia," he said, leaning closer with a playful glint in his eyes, "heard you've been avoiding Potter like the plague. Can't say I blame you, really. Gryffindors are about as subtle as a Hippogriff in a teapot."

Celestia chuckled, unable to suppress her amusement. "You've got that right, Theo," she replied, her voice laced with sarcasm. "But then again, subtlety was never their strong suit, was it?"

Theo grinned, raising his glass in a silent toast. "To Slytherin cunning," he said, his voice filled with pride. "The true mark of greatness."

Celestia raised her glass in return, a smile playing at the corners of her lips. "To Slytherin cunning," she echoed, her heart swelling with pride. "The greatest house Hogwarts has ever known."