Chapter 37: Solitude in the Dungeons

Upon Sirius mentioning the potion, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger exchanged furtive glances, their expressions shifting with a mix of discomfort and curiosity.

Harry, unable to contain his amusement, flashed a sheepish grin, his eyes darting between Celestia and Sirius.

Meanwhile, Celestia, caught off guard by the sudden topic of conversation, snaps out of the shock of seeing a supposed serial mass-murderer casually talking to her through the gryffindor fireplace, she felt a rush of embarrassment flood her cheeks, turning them a deep shade of crimson. With a shaky voice, she quickly protested, "I don't know what you're talking about," her attempt to deflect attention only added to the tension in the room.

Sirius chuckled, enjoying the situation. "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me. But I must say, you've got Harry wrapped around your finger if he's buying you potions now."

"Sirius!" Harry exclaimed, embarrassed.

Celestia rolled her eyes, feeling both amused and exasperated by Sirius's teasing. She kneeled down beside Harry in front of the fireplace, "Well, it's not exactly what you think," she replied, trying to deflect his teasing.

"Of course not," Sirius said with a grin. "But if you ever need any help, you know where to find me."

"I actually don't" Celestia admitted.

"For now, you can find me through Harry" said Sirius, excitingly "Oh, and I almost forgot, I've already talked with others, Celestia you are invited to spend Christmas holidays at my place, we expect your presence"

Weasley opened his mouth, then closed it.

"You two looked great together" continued Sirius, looking in between them "I wish James were here to see you too, his son pulled a Malfoy for himself, he'd be so proud."

Celestia laughed uncomfortably by the mention of her surname, she suddenly realised that the boundaries that she has set at the beginning of the term were long crossed and to Celestia's surprise, she couldn't care less.

"the striking resemblance you bear to my cousin, your aunt, Bellatrix, only your blonde hair sets you apart." Said Sirius, hurriedly looking away "Anyways, How're things?" said Sirius.

"Not that good," said Harry, as Hermione pulled the ginger back to stop him singeing his whiskers. "The Ministry's forced through another decree, which means we're not allowed to have Quidditch teams -"

"Or secret Defence Against the Dark Arts groups?" said Sirius.

There was a short pause.

"How did you know about that?" Harry demanded.

"You'd want to choose your meeting places more carefully," said Sirius, grinning still more broadly. "The Hog's Head, I ask you."

"Well, it was better than the Three Broomsticks!" said Hermione defensively. "That's always packed with people -"

"Well I think three broomsticks would have been a great choice, less chances of being overheard," said Celestia bluntly, "besides who would want to suspect or listen to the conversation of a bunch of Hogwarts students in a packed pub?"

"Exactly," said Sirius. "You've got a lot to learn, Hermione."

"Who overheard us?" Harry demanded.

"Mundungus, of course," said Sirius, and when they all looked puzzled he laughed. "He was the witch under the veil."

"That was Mundungus?" Harry said, stunned. "What was he doing in the Hog's Head?"

"Mundungus Fletcher?" Asked Celestia, "he's a low-life thieve, isn't he?"