Chapter 33: Deception and Desire

After dinner, Celestia stood outside Professor Umbridge's office, her heart pounding with a mixture of nerves and determination. She took a deep breath, steeling herself for the task ahead, before raising her hand to knock on the door.

The sound echoed through the corridor, reverberating off the stone walls and sending a shiver down Celestia's spine. She waited anxiously, her ears straining for any sign of movement from within the office.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, she heard a loud, sweet voice call out, "Enter."

With a sense of resolve, Celestia pushed open the door and stepped inside. The office was bathed in a warm, golden light, casting long shadows across the room. Professor Umbridge sat behind her desk, her small, toad-like eyes fixed on Celestia with a mixture of curiosity and suspicion.

"Ah, Miss Malfoy," Umbridge said, her voice dripping with false sweetness. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?"

Celestia squared her shoulders, meeting Umbridge's gaze head-on. "I was hoping to speak with you about something, Professor," she said, her voice steady despite the nerves that churned in her stomach.

Umbridge's eyes narrowed slightly, and Celestia could see the cogs turning in her mind as she considered Celestia's request. After a moment's hesitation, she nodded, gesturing for Celestia to take a seat.

"Of course, my dear," Umbridge said, her tone saccharine-sweet. "Please, have a seat. What is it that you wish to discuss?"

Celestia took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts before speaking. "I wanted to inquire about the possibility of earning some extra credits," she said, her voice calm and composed. "I've heard that Mr. Potter has been causing some trouble in your classes, and I thought perhaps I could be of assistance."

Umbridge's eyes lit up at the mention of Harry Potter, and Celestia inwardly cursed herself for bringing him into the conversation. But she pushed aside her misgivings, determined to see her plan through to the end.

"Ah, yes, Mr. Potter," Umbridge said with a satisfied smile. "He has proven to be quite the thorn in my side. If you believe you can help me bring him into line, then I would be more than happy to consider your request for extra credits. What is it that you have in your mind"

Taking a deep breath, Celestia continued. "Well, Professor, as a fellow Slytherin, I understand the importance of maintaining order and discipline," she said, her voice oozing with sincerity. "I believe I can help Mr. Potter see the error of his ways and thus prevent any further disruptions in your class."

Umbridge's expression softened slightly, and Celestia knew she had her hooked. "That's very noble of you, Miss Malfoy," Umbridge said, a hint of approval in her voice. "But how do you propose to accomplish this?"

Celestia leaned in closer, her eyes glittering with determination. "I've... uh, had some experience dealing with difficult individuals," she said, choosing her words carefully. "I believe a firm hand and a strict approach will be most effective in dealing with Mr. Potter."

Umbridge's smile widened, and Celestia knew she had played her cards right. "Excellent, Miss Malfoy. I'm pleased to see such initiative," Umbridge said, nodding in approval. "Very well, I'll leave Mr. Potter in your capable hands. But remember, I expect results."

With a confident nod, Celestia accepted the challenge. "You can count on me, Professor. I won't let you down," she promised, her mind already racing with plans to protect Harry and thwart Umbridge's cruel intentions.

"Excellent! You can start working immediately then," Umbridge said with delight, "Mr. Potter is probably on his way, he has a detention today"

Celestia smiled politely, "no problem"