Chapter 20: The Beginning

It had been over a month since Celestia Malfoy had last crossed paths with Harry Potter. All she wanted was to erase the memory of their time together. She detested every flutter her heart made in the direction of the half-blooded Gryffindor, fully aware that their futures were incompatible.

The morning after Dumbledore's announcement at breakfast, urging everyone to give Harry space, Celestia observed the curious glances and hushed whispers directed his way. Rita Skeeter's slanderous article had painted him as disturbed and possibly dangerous, fueling speculation among the student body about Cedric's death.

While half the school entertained doubts about Harry's credibility, Celestia wisely kept her opinions to herself. The memory of the events in the defense classroom, where Mad-Eye Moody was revealed as Barty Crouch Jr., still haunted her. Harry's confirmation of seeing her father, Lucius Malfoy, at the graveyard shattered Celestia's heart.

Harry Potter had made no effort to reach out to her since then, solidifying Celestia's belief that he cared little about her. He seemed most content in the company of Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.

As Celestia gravitated towards her Slytherin cohorts, particularly bonding with Daphne Greengrass, she realized the truth: Harry Potter was nothing but trouble, and it was prudent to maintain a safe distance. Their last days at Hogwarts were a whirlwind of revelry, mischief, and capturing memories on camera.

Daphne's invitation to attend Paris Fashion Week sparked excitement among the girls, including Celestia, as they anticipated the glamorous adventure ahead.

On the final day at Hogwarts, Celestia spotted Harry engaged in a game of chess in the Great Hall, with Weasley and Granger deep in conversation nearby. Catching Granger's eye, Celestia quickly looked away, only to be startled by Draco's mischievous prank involving a plastic cockroach. Her scream quickly turned into laughter as the realization dawned on her.

As they made their way back to the Hogsmeade station, Celestia and her Slytherin friends snapped pictures and exchanged farewells. Pansy's tearful farewell to Draco elicited mixed reactions, with Draco's awkward response prompting laughter from the group.

As the Hogwarts Express rumbled along its tracks, Celestia found herself restless in her compartment. Her brother Draco was engaged in conversation with his cronies, Daphne and Pansy were arguing over a witchy weekly article, Theodore and Blaise Zabini were discussing their plans for the summer break. Celestia excused herself under the pretext of needing to use the restroom, but in truth, she sought solace from the stifling atmosphere of her peers.

Stepping out into the narrow corridor, she let out a sigh of relief, relishing the chance to escape for a moment. As she made her way down the corridor, lost in thought, she collided with none other than Harry Potter himself.

Celestia tried to sneak away before he could notice her —

Harry, taken aback by her sudden appearance, stammered for a moment before regaining his composure. "Celestia, hi," he said, his voice tinged with nervousness. "I've been wanting to talk to you."

Celestia's expression remained impassive as she regarded him coolly. "Oh? And what could you possibly want to talk to me about, Potter?"

Harry took a deep breath, he looked a little hurt, he gathered his thoughts before speaking. "I've been thinking a lot about us, about what happened," he began tentatively. "I know things have been... complicated between us, but I still care about you. I want to try and make things work."

Celestia's lips curved into a sardonic smile. "Is that so?" she replied, her tone laced with skepticism. "I'am sorry but we have no future together, so please go find someone else"