Chapter 29: Saturday morning calls

The soft light filtering through the curtains signaled the early hours of Saturday morning. Celestia lay in her bed, cocooned in warmth and comfort, lost in the depths of sleep. The events of the previous night's revelry with her fellow Slytherins were but a distant memory as she drifted in the blissful realm of dreams.

Suddenly, her peaceful slumber was shattered by a persistent tapping on her shoulder. Groaning softly, Celestia buried her face deeper into her pillow, hoping to ward off the unwelcome disturbance. But the tapping persisted, growing more insistent with each passing moment.

Reluctantly, Celestia peeled open her heavy eyelids, squinting against the invading daylight. Through the haze of drowsiness, she made out the figure of Millicent Bulstrode, her dorm mate, standing beside her bed with a look of irritation etched across her features.

"What is it, Millicent?" Celestia muttered, her voice thick with sleep.

Millicent huffed impatiently, crossing her arms over her chest. "There's a first-year puff downstairs asking for you," she replied curtly.

Celestia's drowsiness evaporated in an instant, replaced by a surge of curiosity and apprehension. Why would a puff ask for her?

Throwing off her blankets, Celestia swung her legs over the edge of the bed, yawning, Ignoring Millicent's exasperated sigh, she lazily pulled on a robe and slippers.

"Thanks, Millicent," Celestia murmured, flashing her dorm mate a quick smile before hurrying out of the dormitory.

Navigating the familiar corridors of Slytherin House, Celestia's thoughts swirled with anticipation. Celestia was expecting it to be Harry? But why send a Hufflepuff, of all people, to deliver the message?

Arriving at the entrance hall, Celestia scanned the area for any sign Hufflepuff first-year mentioned by Millicent. Spotting him near standing nervously near the corner, she made her way over, her curiosity piqued.

"Ernie?" Celestia called out, recognising the boy, approaching the young Hufflepuff with a mixture of curiosity and wariness.

Ernie turned at the sound of her voice, his expression earnest and slightly nervous. "Celestia Malfoy?" he asked, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

"That's me," Celestia confirmed, her curiosity growing with each passing moment. "What is it?"

Ernie nodded eagerly, his eyes wide with excitement. "Harry Potter asked me to fetch you." She followed Ernie as he led her through the corridors of Hogwarts, her mind buzzing with anticipation.

The Hufflepuff led her through the quiet corridors of Hogwarts, eventually arriving at the entrance hall where Harry Potter stood, his expression etched with worry. He thanked the Hufflepuff boy and sent him off, but the boy kept stealing glances over his shoulder as he departed.

"If that 'puff dares to spread any rumors about us," Celestia said icily, her tone laced with venom, "I'll hang him in the dungeons by his ear." The deserted entrance hall echoed with her threat as she spoke.

Before Harry could respond, Celestia took hold of his hand, her touch conveying a longing that words could not express. "I missed you," she confessed, her eyes searching his for reassurance.

"Yeah, I saw you laughing with those Slytherins," Harry remarked dryly, gently pulling her hand to prompt her to follow him as he began to walk. "What's with Nott anyways?"

"We're just good friends, Harry," Celestia reassured him, her voice softening with sincerity. "You don't have to worry about him."

Harry kept his gaze fixed ahead, his thoughts seemingly elsewhere. "And what about that guy Arnold? Who is he?"