Chapter 30: Gryffindors Are Losers

As Celestia Malfoy entered the Great Hall for breakfast, she spotted Astoria Greengrass, Daphne's younger sister, sitting alone at the Slytherin table. She joined Astoria, flashing a charming smile.

"Morning, Astoria," Celestia greeted, pouring herself a glass of orange juice.

Astoria looked up, her expression brightening. "Morning, Celestia! How are you?"

"Couldn't be better," Celestia replied, taking a bite of her egg. "How about you?"

"Good, good," Astoria replied, her eyes flicking around the room nervously.

Celestia followed her gaze and spotted Harry Potter sitting at the Gryffindor table, his eyes fixed on her with a glare that could freeze a Flobberworm.

She sighed inwardly, remembering the events of the previous day. Harry had been acting strangely after their encounter with Cho Chang. His sudden coldness had sparked a pang of jealousy in Celestia, leading her to say something to Filch that she now regretted.

But as she watched Harry's glare, a sense of defiance welled up within her. She wouldn't apologize for speaking her mind, especially when Harry had been the one to act strangely first.

Her eyes drifted to the Ravenclaw table, and she was relieved to see that Cho Chang wasn't present. Perhaps Harry's mood would improve now that he didn't have to face her.

Astoria noticed the exchange between Celestia and Harry and raised an eyebrow. "What's going on, why is Potter throwing daggers at you?"

Celestia bristled at the question, her tone turning icy. "Mind your own business, Tori."

Astoria shrugged, unfazed by Celestia's cold response. "Suit yourself," she said, turning her attention back to her breakfast.

Celestia focused on her meal, trying to push aside the lingering tension in the air. She knew she couldn't avoid Harry forever, but for now, she was content to enjoy her breakfast in peace, regardless of the glares she received from across the room.

As Celestia entered the library, the hushed atmosphere enveloped her like a comforting blanket. She scanned the room until she spotted Daphne Greengrass and Millicent Bulstrode nestled in a corner, surrounded by piles of books and parchment. With a small smile, Celestia made her way over to her friend's table, her footsteps muffled by the thick carpeting.

"Daphne, Millicent" Celestia greeted, sliding into the seat opposite her. "Ready to tackle this mountain of homework?"

Daphne looked up from her Transfiguration textbook, relief evident in her eyes. "Thank Merlin you're here, Celestia. I don't know how I would survive without your help."

Celestia chuckled, pulling out her own stack of textbooks and parchment. "Don't worry, Daph. We'll get through this together."

Millicent was too engaged in her homework to respond.

As they settled into their work, Celestia couldn't help but notice Henry, her Hufflepuff friend, sitting at the neighboring table. His quill moved across the parchment with precision, and Celestia couldn't resist peeking at the essay he was writing. To her surprise, she recognized the topic-it was the potion essay she had been dreading all week.

"Is that... my potion essay?" Celestia asked, leaning closer to get a better look.

Henry looked up, his cheeks flushing slightly. "Uh, yeah. I promised you I would help you with it."

Celestia's heart swelled with gratitude. "Thank you, Henry. I owe you one."

Henry waved off her thanks with a shy smile. "No problem. I actually enjoy brewing potions, so it's no trouble."