Chapter 39: Embrace of Friendship

As the clock struck midnight, Celestia Malfoy hurried through the shadowy corridors of Hogwarts, her heart heavy with sorrow and resentment.

Tears streamed down her cheeks, leaving a trail of shimmering sorrow in their wake. The weight of her shattered romance with Harry Potter pressed down on her like a suffocating blanket, threatening to smother her spirit.

When Celestia finally reached the entrance to the Slytherin girls' dormitory, she found herself trembling with trepidation. The room beyond held the promise of solace, but also the specter of fractured friendships with Daphne, for the first time, Celestia hated her living arrangements. With a trembling hand, she pushed open the door and stepped inside.

Millicent Bulstrode lay sound asleep in her bed, her snores providing a discordant soundtrack to the somber atmosphere. Meanwhile, Daphne Greengrass sat perched on the edge of her own bed, Celestia had a feeling she was waiting for her, Daphne's features etched with concern as she watched Celestia's tear-streaked face.

"Celestia?" Daphne's voice was barely a whisper, filled with uncertainty and apprehension. It was the first time in weeks since Daphne has taken her name out loud.

Celestia could only nod weakly in response, her eyes brimming with unshed tears as she made her way across the room. Collapsing onto her bed, she buried her face in her hands, her sobs echoing off the stone walls.

Daphne hesitated for a moment, her heart torn between the desire to reach out and the fear of rejection. But as she watched Celestia's silent anguish, she knew that she couldn't turn her back on her friend in need.

Setting aside her book, Daphne approached Celestia with cautious steps, her heart pounding in her chest. Tentatively, she sat down beside her, her touch gentle as she reached out to offer comfort.

"Celestia," she whispered softly, "what's wrong?"

At first, Celestia could only shake her head in despair, her words choked with emotion. But as Daphne's comforting presence enveloped her, she found herself opening up, her words pouring forth in a torrent of pain and heartache.

"It's Harry," she finally managed to choke out, her voice trembling with sorrow. "He... he broke up with me."

Daphne's heart clenched with sympathy as she pulled Celestia into a tight embrace, holding her close as she cried. "Oh, Celestia," she murmured, her voice thick with emotion. "I wish I could say I am sorry, but I am not."

As Celestia's tears began to ebb, she recounted the heartbreaking events that had led to their breakup, her voice trembling with anguish. She spoke of Harry's interest in Cho Chang, she told her how she felt stupid going after him when she knew Harry liked Cho since the beginning, and the crushing realization that their love was doomed from the start.

"It's for the best," Daphne whispered, her words heavy with sorrow. "You deserve someone who will cherish you for who you are, and not treat you as an option, the man you choose needs to be worthy of you, Celestia. Besides, you gave him this power over you that's why you are crying, don't give him too much power, Malfoy, Get a grip."

Celestia's heart ached at the reminder of her fractured identity, torn between her family's expectations and her own desires. But as she looked into Daphne's eyes, she saw not judgment or condemnation, but understanding and empathy. Celestia understood the importance of continuing the pureblood bloodline.

Celestia nodded, her throat tight with emotion. "I know," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper. "But it still hurts."

Daphne squeezed her hand gently, offering silent support. "I know it does," she said softly. "But time will heal your heart, Celestia. You will find someone worthy who loves you and in the meantime, you have me."