Chapter 36: Neville's Bravado

Throughout the weekend, Daphne Greengrass maintained her icy demeanor, pointedly ignoring Celestia every time they crossed paths. Astoria, on the other hand, offered a weak smile in passing but remained silent, adding to the palpable tension between them.

Their behavior did not go unnoticed by the rest of the Slytherin students, who began to whisper and speculate about the sudden rift between the usually inseparable trio. Despite the discomfort of being ostracized by her former friends, Celestia held her head high, refusing to let their pettiness affect her.

Harry had spent his Sunday working on his pending homework along with Ron Weasley; Hermione has made Celestia purchase a batch that says 'SPEW', something to do with elves rights, Harry had paid Hermione on her behalf before things would escalate to the worst and the batch lies deep hidden within Celestia's school trunk. If she were to fight for elves rights then the loyal house elves of Malfoy family will surely commit suicide. Although, Celestia kept her comments to herself.

On that Monday morning, Celestia's anticipation for the upcoming Quidditch match was overshadowed by shock when she approached the notice board to check the practice schedule. There, staring back at her in bold letters, was a decree that sent a shiver down her spine. Her mind raced with warnings, urging her to cease any reckless behavior immediately. It was clear to Celestia that trouble was brewing, and she couldn't afford to ignore it.

The notice, signed by Dolores Umbridge herself, disbanded all student organizations, societies, teams, groups, and clubs. The definition was broad, encompassing any gathering of three or more students. Celestia's heart sank as she realized the implications. Someone must have let their meeting in Hog's Head slip to the umbridge's knowledge.

Upon reading the degree, Draco immediately went to Professor Umbridge to get her approval for Slytherin Quidditch team

Celestia had gone to transfiguration with Pansy and her group of girls, Pansy seemed delighted when Celestia joined the group and kept telling her about the latest gossip she had overhead in the girls lavatory.

After the class ended, Celestia went down in dungeons for potions, excited about seeing Harry again. as the slytherins girls reached the bottom of the stairs, they saw Draco smirking smugly, Celestia smiled "you got the permission, brother?"

Draco nodded, excited "of course I did"

Pansy let out a small yell as she jumped up and down excitedly, fawning over Draco. "I know you'd do it Draco" she said.

Celestia imagined Pansy as her sister-in-law and already didn't like the Idea.

Just then, Draco said loudly, waving around an official-looking piece of parchment and talking much louder than was necessary.

"Yeah, Umbridge gave the Slytherin Quidditch team permission to continue playing straightaway, I went to ask her first thing this morning. Well, it was pretty much automatic, I mean, she knows my father really well, he's always popping in and out of the Ministry... it'll be interesting to see whether Gryffindor are allowed to keep playing, won't it?"

"We all know that Draco" said Celestia, smirking "you told us all about it like, five times now"

"I mean," said Draco, raising his voice a little more, ignoring Celestia, his grey eyes glittering malevolently over Celestia's shoulder "if it's a question of influence with the Ministry, I don't think they've got much chance... from what my father says, they've been looking for an excuse to sack Arthur Weasley for years... and as for Potter... my father says it's a matter of time before the Ministry has him carted off to St Mungo's... apparently they've got a special ward for people whose brains have been addled by magic."