Chapter 47: Trival Matters

The Great Hall bustled with the returning students as the Slytherin table filled up with familiar faces. Among them was Celestia Malfoy, who had just returned from a rather unconventional Christmas break.

There was snow all over her robes and she knew she had a bump forming on her forehead as the result of very uncomfortable journey on the knight bus.

As she took her seat besides Daphne, Celestia couldn't help but feel a twinge of anxiety. She had spent the holiday in the company of Harry Potter, Draco's sworn enemy, and had managed to keep it a secret from everyone, including her brother.

Draco, sitting in front of her, wore his usual air of superiority and inherited smirk, while Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott exchanged knowing looks.

Blaise leaned in, his voice low with curiosity. "So, Celestia, how was your holiday?"

Celestia forced a nonchalant smile, hiding the turmoil beneath the surface. "Oh, I was with Klaus, he was lonely and needed company."

Draco raised an eyebrow, a hint of suspicion in his tone. "Really? You left me to spent Christmas with that German mutt? and mum said you are with Daphne"

Celestia's heart skipped a beat, but she managed to maintain her composure. Daphne looked up alarmed, "Look is that Potter? Oh, yes, I did run into him once or twice he looked miserable."

Draco's attention quickly diverted to the Gryffindor table.

Theodore Nott, ever observant, chimed in. "Interesting. And what about you, Draco? How was your holiday?"

Draco smirked, oblivious to the bombshell lurking beneath the surface. "Oh, you know, the usual. Family gatherings, pureblood nonsense, the works. Father got me this stupid body spray that smelled like piss, i sprayed in our old elfs eyes."

Pansy smirked with delight as Daphne and Celestia cringed.

As the conversation shifted to Quidditch and upcoming exams, Celestia breathed a sigh of relief, grateful that her secret remained intact.

Later that evening, as the Slytherin common room buzzed with activity, Celestia found herself lost in her thoughts by the fire. She hadn't told anyone about her holiday escapade with Harry Potter, not even her closest friend, Daphne.

"Penny for your thoughts?" a voice interrupted, and Celestia looked up to see Daphne watching her with concern.

"Just thinking about the holiday," Celestia replied vaguely, not wanting to give anything away, as she doesn't know whether she will be returning to manor for summers.

Daphne nodded understandingly, though a hint of curiosity lingered in her eyes. "Well, if you ever need to talk about it, you know I'm here, right?"

Celestia smiled gratefully, touched by Daphne's offer of support. "Thanks, Daph. I appreciate it."

As the night wore on and the fire crackled in the hearth, Celestia couldn't shake the feeling of unease.
She spent most of the next day covertly with Harry, who appeared utterly miserable. His morning double-Potions lesson did little to alleviate his apprehension, especially with Snape being his usual charming self.

To make matters worse, members of the DA kept pestering him in the corridors, hoping for a meeting that night.

"I'll let you know in the usual way when the next one is," Harry repeated tirelessly, "but I can't tonight. I've got to go to-um-remedial Potions."

"You're taking remedial Potions?" Zacharias Smith quipped, cornering Harry in the Entrance Hall after lunch. "Merlin, you must be dreadful. Snape doesn't usually dole out extra lessons, does he?"