Chapters 38: Dumbledore 's Army

The Quidditch pitch was shrouded in a thick blanket of gray clouds as the slytherin team approached, the heavens threatening to burst open at any moment. Celestia Malfoy stood on the field, her broom clutched tightly in her hand, her eyes fixed on the horizon as the first droplets of rain began to fall.

As captain Montague barked out orders, Celestia's attention snapped back to the present. She was one of the chasers for the Slytherin team, a position she had earned in her third year at Hogwarts. Despite the ominous weather, she was determined to make the most of their practice session. She couldn't afford losing to Harry.

Bletchley, the team's keeper, took his position in front of the goal hoops, his eyes scanning the sky for any signs of approaching bludgers. Crabbe and Goyle, the burly beaters, stood poised on their brooms, their bats at the ready to defend their teammates from any rogue bludgers that might come their way.

Montague's voice cut through the air, his instructions crisp and commanding. With a flick of his wand, the Quaffle soared into the air, signaling the start of their practice session. Celestia's heart raced with excitement as she mounted her broom, her muscles tense with anticipation.

As she soared through the air, Celestia felt the exhilarating rush of adrenaline coursing through her veins. The rain fell in torrents now, soaking her to the bone, but she paid it no mind as she focused on the task at hand.

Montague led the team through a series of drills and maneuvers, each one designed to hone their skills and improve their coordination as a unit. Celestia threw herself into the exercises with gusto, her movements fluid and precise as she darted and weaved through the air, her eyes never leaving the Quaffle.

Despite the challenging conditions, the Slytherin team persevered, their determination unwavering in the face of adversity.

Draco Malfoy, the team's seeker and Celestia's brother, flew effortlessly through the storm, his silver-blond hair plastered to his head as he scanned the sky for any sign of the golden snitch. Celestia couldn't help but feel a pang of pride for her twin brother as he braved the elements in search of victory.

As the rain continued to pour down, soaking them to the bone, Celestia and her teammates pressed on.

As the practice session drew to a close, Celestia found herself trembling uncontrollably, her nerves frayed from the intense training. Desperate to ward off the chill that seemed to seep into their bones, Draco and Celestia hastily cast a heating charm over their clothes, Celestia hoping to soothe her shivering form. With a nod of farewell to the departing twins, she watched them vanish into the bustling corridors.

By the afternoon, Celestia sought solace in the sanctuary of the girls' lavatory, the sound of running water offering a semblance of calm amidst the chaos of her racing thoughts. It was there that Ginny Weasley found her, her presence a welcome distraction from the turmoil within. With a gentle smile, Ginny approached Celestia, her voice soft and reassuring as she relayed the details of their upcoming gathering for the defense group.

As the clock struck half past seven, Celestia's mind buzzed with uncertainty as she navigated the dimly lit corridors of the Slytherin common room. Debating the merits of attending the meeting, her thoughts swirled with conflicting emotions, torn between the desire to stand alongside her peers and the fear of facing the unknown. Each step felt heavier than the last, her footsteps echoing in the empty halls as she grappled with her indecision.

To her surprise, as she emerged from the shadows of the dungeons, Celestia was greeted by a sight that both comforted and unnerved her. Standing before her, bathed in the soft glow of candles, was Harry Potter, his familiar silhouette a beacon of warmth in the chilly corridors. Beside him stood Hermione Granger, her smile radiant with genuine affection, which surprised Celestia, she was a reassuring presence in the midst of uncertainty. And yet, casting a shadow over the trio was Ron Weasley, his demeanor cold and distant, his gaze flickering past Celestia as if she were invisible.