Part 7

Nitya's POV:

After the organizer left, a group of girls ushered me into a room, offering to help me get ready. One of them, Pallavi, introduced herself as the organizer's daughter and assured me that I could confide in her if I had any concerns. But how could I explain that this marriage itself was a problem for me? I was only doing it to protect myself from those goons. It felt selfish, but survival instinct took over. Lost in my thoughts, Pallavi urged me to start getting ready as time was running out.

As I freshened up in the washroom and emerged, I overheard an elderly woman, likely in her 80s, chatting with Pallavi. Pallavi inquired about the woman's marriage plans, to which she replied marriages are destined by the divine and occur only once in a lifetime. She spoke of the ancient rules that govern marriage and the underlying reasons behind life events. Pallavi was advised to be patient and trust in fate. Catching sight of me, they beckoned me over, and I sought the elderly woman's blessings before Pallavi helped me prepare.

Nervousness gripped me as I pondered the uncertainty of my situation. Pallavi reassured me, commenting on my beauty and expressing admiration for the stunning lehenga I wore. Curious about the short notice for the attire, I began to ask, but our conversation was interrupted by the sound of the door opening. The organizer appeared, signaling that it was time to go. With a heavy heart and a myriad of emotions swirling within me, I followed Pallavi out, unsure of what the future held.

Author's pov:

In the mandap, Rudransh sat with bated breath, his heart pounding with a mix of excitement and nervousness but he never showed those emotions on his face. The air crackled with anticipation as the priest signaled for the bride to make her entrance. When Nitya emerged, she was a vision of ethereal beauty, her face veiled under the ghoonghat, a mysterious aura surrounding her. Despite the veil, her elegance and grace radiated, captivating everyone in the room.

As Nitya approached the mandap, Rudransh's gaze never wavered, his heart swelling with pride at the sight of his soon-to-be bride. He longed to protect her from the world, to shield her from any harm that might come her way. When he noticed her struggle with her dress on the stairs, his instinct kicked in, and he reached out without a second thought, offering her his support.The priest's voice filled the air, guiding them through the sacred rituals of marriage. With each step around the holy fire, Rudransh felt a deepening connection to Nitya, as if their souls were intertwining with each vow they made.

As the ceremony continued, Rudransh applied sindoor to Nitya's hair, sealing their commitment. A sprinkle of sindoor on her nose added to her allure, creating a tender moment between them. The priest acknowledged Rakesh's role in the ceremony, signifying Nitya's transition into Rudransh's care.

When it was time for the mangalsutra to be tied, Rudransh's fingers lingered on the delicate chain, savoring the moment that marked the beginning of their lifelong journey together.Finally, as the priest declared them husband and wife, a sense of peace washed over Rudransh and Nitya. Knowing that they were embarking on a new chapter filled with love, companionship, and endless possibilities.

And in that sacred moment, amidst the gentle glow of candlelight and the sweet scent of jasmine, Rudransh and Nitya sealed their vows, ready to face whatever life had in store for them, together.